SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Marco

"the market can't go much higher"

Here's a daily column that I read when I have time (comes with some information and the odd good point).

I like a point he makes today. He's saying he hears a lot of people say that the market can hardly rally further from here and says people just got used to a market that goes sideways since over 10 years and while there is the odd rally it "has to come back" at one point. But he reminded me about a time when the absolute opposite frame of mind was predominant. I'm sure a few people here are old enough to have traded when the .com boom was in full swing and the market just went up and up and up and every pull back was a chance to buy more.

I think he makes a good point of people getting stuck in a certain pattern that has worked for a long time - for some trades as long as they trade (over 10 yrs now) but that you have to at least entertain the possibility that this pattern can change and like  "buy the dip" was not the way to make money any more (2000) maybe "fade the rally" now is about to go out of fashion (who knows)

thought I share that here. (I'm in no way affiliated with the site)

also thought I'd never see a day with AAPL down 12% and SPY up ....

AAPL will have a forward P/E of around 5 now right?  Apple just continues to prove that in the short and medium term you just can't judge a company purely on the fundamental metrics that the average investor has access to such as PEG, P/E, etc.