SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Hi I finished my first week of trading yesterday, using small trades until I've got the hang of it.   I'm currently following the SteadyOptions Trades and Discussion forums.  However I've realized that I'm not receiving any of the discussion notifications after the initial one.  Is there a setting so that I can receive notifications of these subsequent discussions?  

(Fortunately the week ended quite well for me but I'll need to post in each of the threads and sort out what actions to take on Monday).

Thanks   

Thank you.  I should've been clearer.  I had already checked the orange "Follow" button.   Here's a screenshot of the details of my settings for the following trades.  I'm only receiving notifications of  the 1st post in each forum.   I've checked my spam folder and there are no emails in there from Steady Options.  For the techies... I'm using Firefox Browser.  Could that be the issue?

Thanks

steady options settings.png

@branch Your scenario is described in the Must Read topic.  I know its a lot of information to digest so you probably glossed over this.   Here is the pertinent section from the "Welcome to Steady Options" Must Read topic:

You will need to specifically follow each forum you want to get updates from. When you follow the forum, you will get an email about every new topic in that forum. If you are interested getting emails about new posts in that topic, you will need to follow that topic.

We recommend to follow all forums to get notified when new trade or trade discussion is posted. You can also follow specific members to get notified every time they post.

The part about following specific members can get around the need to follow each new topic (to get notifications from additional posts in that new topic).   If you follow the people posting official trades then you'll get alerted each time these members post something (so you'll get notified of all the trade open and trade close posts)   This is also mentioned in the same must read topic a little farther down than the statements posted above:

"In addition to me, @Yowster @krisbee  and @TrustyJules who are our Mentors and contributors are also posting official trades and trade discussions. I recommend following them as well."

Thanks Yowster,

Regarding the option to follow the forums, I am following both the SteadyOptions Trade forum, and the SteadyOptions Discussions forum.  And I'm only receiving the first posts in each topic.  My settings for both topics are the same as you see in the screenshot I posted above.

If I were to follow you and the other leaders, would the system send me only the emails related to these two forums, or would I get notices from anything you post in the other forums?

14 minutes ago, branch said:

Regarding the option to follow the forums, I am following both the SteadyOptions Trade forum, and the SteadyOptions Discussions forum.  And I'm only receiving the first posts in each topic.  My settings for both topics are the same as you see in the screenshot I posted above.

image.thumb.png.0650c20943b280ec992a20bf11ca483e.png

This means when you follow a forum you get notified when a new topic is added to that forum.   But to get notified of additional posts in that new topic you need to follow that new topic.    You can follow forums, specific topics within a forum, and individual members.

14 minutes ago, branch said:

If I were to follow you and the other leaders, would the system send me only the emails related to these two forums, or would I get notices from anything you post in the other forums?

I believe you will get notified whenever we make a post in any forum.

OK, according to the "follow" button and the settings, if I'm reading them correctly, they say that I'll get notified of any new content in the forums.  But that's not happening.  I'll study the settings further, in hopes I can find a way to follow you and the other leaders, but only in the two Steady Options forums.  

2 hours ago, branch said:

OK, according to the "follow" button and the settings, if I'm reading them correctly, they say that I'll get notified of any new content in the forums.  But that's not happening.  I'll study the settings further, in hopes I can find a way to follow you and the other leaders, but only in the two Steady Options forums.  

Correct, you will get notified on any new content that you follow. But you still need to follow it, as mentioned in your welcome email and the links, and also by @Yowster

It's a simple concept that all forums have: you need to follow the content that you want to get notified about (could be new forums, new topics, specific members etc)

image.png