SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Climbingcat

commissions on vol options

6 minutes ago, Climbingcat said:

Hi guys, anyone trading Vix options out of the EU? If so, have you used other platforms than IB . IB charges a heavy 2,5 $  for placing one outright option. Ideas welcome. Thanks

I do, actually out of Germany... Using IBKR and paying roughly 1 USD per contract. 

3 minutes ago, Climbingcat said:

Good. Thank-you so much. What a difference in price!!! Do you live in Germany too? I tried a while ago to open an account with tradier but at that time they were not doing business in the EU.

I live in Belgium but I know Tradier also works in Germany.

1 hour ago, Climbingcat said:

Good. Thank-you so much. What a difference in price!!! Do you live in Germany too? I tried a while ago to open an account with tradier but at that time they were not doing business in the EU.

Firstrade is available in Germany.

About Germany: don't forget about the specific trading options in Germany. Each leg is considered a separate position with a limit for losses of 20K euro. In other words if you have a deal where you have 3 legs and 2 of them showed loss -30K euro and the last one showed profit +29K you have to pay taxes from 29K - (30K-20K) = 19K beyond overall loss you have. 20K euro if a deduction for whole year. So, next time for such trade you pay taxes from 29K. Practically it means that option trading is prohibited in Germany. AFAIK, some other EU countries have similar rules.