SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Drizzle_268

Can I paper trade with ONE explore using Tradier, For live feed data?

Just now, rasar said:

Yes. Just be sure not to actually send your model trades to Tradier.

Thank you so much for your response what do you mean to actually send your model trades? How would I be able to track my portfolio in this case or would I be just doing a trade by trade bases and tracking using Google sheets?

17 minutes ago, Drizzle_268 said:

Thank you so much for your response what do you mean to actually send your model trades? How would I be able to track my portfolio in this case or would I be just doing a trade by trade bases and tracking using Google sheets?

If you haven't familiarized yourself with ONE, it would help to do that. The explanation below assumes that you're not that familiar with ONE (if you are, pardon my assumption).

Once you set up (model) your trade in ONE, you can "Commit" it. This offers you the choice of sending the modeled trade to Tradier, or simply "saving" it into ONE. By "saving" it, it doesn't actually get exectuted by the broker; rather, it gets added to your list of trades.

image.png

ONE has a "Monitor Grid" which can be used to watch all your trades.

image.png

.Subsequent adjustments to the trade can be made similarly, but by being sure to select an existing spread while "Committing" the modelled trade.

image.png

You can go back and look at the trade details in the Trade Log, or in the Reports.

image.png

Wow, this is a very good explanation and I really appreciate you putting everything in screenshots.

Glad to have you as a member!

So from my understanding all you’re using is the LIVE DATA that’s from Tradier and everything else will be saved in ONE.

correct me if I’m wrong? :)

Thanks!