SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

BillP

Rolling

I play bigs cap stock with options, nothing like we do here. I am wondering just in case I have to roll sometime when is the best time to do it before expiration? Example is MO jan 13 32.00 call. Thanks

Bill, what would be your purpose in rolling, to extend the position if it's not going favorably or to see if you can make more money out of a profitable position? Also, are you in a straight directional position or a spread of some kind? Not sure I can help you but this may help others answer your questions.

Thanks -- Scott (#2)

Yes to extend the position. Jan ex so a ways out, but in case it don't become profitable wondering when to roll to keep it from deteroting before ex. I figure by dec ex at at the lastest or sooner, that's what I am wondering. In a straight call position thanks

Edited by BillP