SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

renkcub

Interactive Brokers - Technical issues

56 posts in this topic

Ok I found the answer to my question and this IS possible.  If anyone else cares to know how to accomplish this here is how to do it -->

You create a basic order after you establish a position to close your option position with a Market, not Limit order.  THEN, you attach a Conditional Order to it that uses Price and the underlying Stock to trigger the Market order when this condition is met.  This allows you to trigger your stop based on the underlying price instead of trying to calculate what the option will be worth at a certain price level.  Since I use LOD often for my stops, at least on an entry, this is much quicker (and more accurate for my purposes) for me to set up than just throwing a 10 or 20% stop loss on it.  

This may be an answer without a question, but thought I'd share it just in case anyone else has ever wondered about it and hadn't figured it out. 

SLD 14  Stock  USD ASSIGNED 08:12:17   null

This information showed today at my  IB plattform "Trade Log". Does anyone know what this means?

I got this too. I can only assume this is for the the VIX 25 calls. Does the number of contracts match?