SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

I am seeking advice from the veteran traders here.

I am enjoying learning and trading the options strategies and will continue to do that with a 10K account.

I went to all cash in Mid February so I missed being hit by the first big leg down. The last two bear markets went down for a year before starting to head up. I think the market will probaby do the same or worse this time. With that in mind, I  am now thinking of putting 50% of that cash, (125K), into 3X Short ETFs. These are the ETFs I am considering;

DRV Real Estate 3X Bear 

SMDD Mid cap 3X Bear

WEBS Dow 3X Bear

HIBS S&P500 3X Bear

SDOW DOW 3X Bear

TZA Small cap 3X Bear

SRTY Russel 3X Bear

SPXU S&P500 3X Bear

SPXS S&P500 3X Bear

PASS Consumer Discretionary 3X Bear

I think it is to early to short Real estate. I think it will lag the general market. I am going to stay away from large cap, financial, and oil as they are most likely to be propped up by the government. That narrows it to TZA, SRTY, and PASS.

I am thinking I should also go long a Gold ETF as well.

What are your thoughts ?

I am not sure where to post this. Feel free to move it. Thanks guys

I have been using DRV, FAZ and EDZ for leverage index shorts.  TVIX for a levered volatility trades.  And UGLD, TYD for levered bonds and gold.

I can't give specific recommendations on what you should do with your money.  My positions are part of a larger plan of hedging long positions, momentum trades, risk parity allocations, etc.

- Not a financial advisor.