SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Chloe

Want to subscribe but I'm in Asia hours

Hi all, Im interested to subscribe to the service and get the trading alert. I see the impressive return that the web reported and im interested to follow the trade. However my concern is in in Asia and because if time zone I can't stick to US market hours all the time because I need to sleep...I can only sleep a bit later to capture the first 30mins of US market or wake up a bit earlier to capture the last 30mins if the market...For my case is it possible to achieve the same return as the web's strategy? I can trade every day but just I cant be not sleeping and stick with the market all day...And also I cant see the alerts when Im sleeping...Is there any member from Asia with similar concern and how they deal with it? I want to achieve smilar return ad yours wonder if its still possible...Thanks so much for your advice.

Hi, Im in Thailand, I trade from 1am to 3am, when US mkts close here- then go back to bed and try and sleep lol.

I find I need the 2 hours to do all the trading I need to do, including quite a lot of SO trades but there are a number of those, I won’t be able to get into because I missed the best pricing window from the SO alert and price for many, especially calendars, often doesn’t come back.

So its best for me, as often said here, to see this as a learning service- even SO doesn’t match their returns, since commissions arnt included and the guys are experts and hard to replicate – I’m becoming a  a better trader and more independent of SO.

I tried trading the opening 2 hours but pricing can be a bit funky from mkt open and try not to trade open now, though I can’t help myself but be at screen when mkt opens, 8:30 pm here and do break my own rules and trade the open sometimes, usually regret it!

Edited by rick

I'm in Europe and trading hours run across my working day, commute and family time. I don't think you need to be behind your computer continuously, but you will need time to learn the strategies and adapt positions if the market has moved away from the official trade entry. I think that the hour of market time you have available is little, but depending on your perseverence not impossible.

You could also try and mimic the strategies in Asian markets. The think you can't (and shouldn't) do is treat this as an alert service.