SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

yalgaar

Some questions from New Member

I am a new member of this amazing service that I came across and considering to subscribe to StedyOptions strategy. I just had the following questions about the historic Performance of this:

1) I noticed it says the following on the page. Can we get an approximate idea of the commissions? I believe it should not be hard to calculate. Maybe use example of some of the top brokers.
"SteadyOptions Returns based on 10% allocation and exclude commissions"

2) Can you explain what does bases on "10% allocation means" in more details?

3) The Annual percentage yield meaning. it shows 41.7% of the year 2019. Does this mean that if used this service and took every single trade and my beginning balance on 1/1/2019 was $10,000 then my balance on Dec 31s 2019 would be $14700? For the year 2018 since it has 129.5%, then for $10,000 investment, my ending balance would be $22950?

1) There is currently a very wide range of brokers. Some use Robinhood which is completely free. Some use Tradier and take advantage of our   at $10/month. Even with more traditional brokers like IB or tastyworks commissions now are much lower than they used to be, so impact of commissions should be no more than 1-2% per month, much less with Tradier or other cheap brokers.

2) For 10k portfolio, each trade is around $1k.

3) Correct - assuming no commissions. In reality it is less, depending on how much commissions you paid.

30 minutes ago, Kim said:

1) There is currently a very wide range of brokers. Some use Robinhood which is completely free. Some use Tradier and take advantage of our   at $10/month. Even with more traditional brokers like IB or tastyworks commissions now are much lower than they used to be, so impact of commissions should be no more than 1-2% per month, much less with Tradier or other cheap brokers.

2) For 10k portfolio, each trade is around $1k.

3) Correct - assuming no commissions. In reality it is less, depending on how much commissions you paid.

1) Does this mean that if I go with Tradier my total commission would just be $120 per year? Do you recommend them for the SteadyOptions strategy? Any reason why not use RH which is completely free? I would just like to get your opinion. I understand I will have to do my own research as well.

2) How many max trades open at a time? I was thinking if there is always just 1 trade open at the time, then depending individual risk appetite, they could maybe take twice the order and double the ROI. What are your thoughts?

Please read the topic I linked for details about Tradier.   topics has a lot of information about brokers, you can also post some questions there. Personally I'm using IB because other brokers wre not available in Canada.

Please make sure to read the Welcome to SteadyOptions post and Frequently Asked Questions. It should answer most of your questions.