SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

EricSimpson1

SKUL calls

64 posts in this topic

I want to get in on this one, but right now I don't have enough free capital in the account that I make these trades in (I hold stock in that account and usually only trade 10% or so of it in options. Long story short, no capital). This looks like another golden opportunity though. I'd buy the DEC 12.5 at $1.05 if possible. I MAY go as high as 1.10. If I were doing this trade, I'd only put half my max in to see if it drops tomorrow to pick up more again. There is quite a bit of support at 12.30. I'm not wild about the price action today. Yesterday and the day before were both hammers which shows the bulls attempting to gain control. Still early in the day, may get price recovery.

As I said, If I had the capital free, I would be in, but I would have to sell a stock position, which takes 3 days to clear and the option only takes 1. I've already gotten a warning about doing that, so I don't think I want to press my luck and only be able to trade with settled funds for 30 days.

If it's still down in the 12's or low 13's two weeks from now I might pick up some calls to hold through earnings. I rarely go directional on earnings because usually it's not worth it but in this case I think a lot of negativity is already priced in. Short float and short ratio are still insanely high and it's not too horrible of a company.

Well now it looks very tempting, I'm still going to wait a couple weeks. Many good pre-earnings trades are coming up and I need to focus on those. Good luck to you guys who just bought and don't be surprised to see some manipulation of the stock and a small jump in price at the end of the day today.

Been watching your trade on this. It's in an interesting spot, having dropped a lot today on fairly low volume and hitting an area of strong support. If that support holds, you may get that major short rally you've been waiting for. Do they have upcoming earnings announcement?

Been watching your trade on this. It's in an interesting spot, having dropped a lot today on fairly low volume and hitting an area of strong support. If that support holds, you may get that major short rally you've been waiting for. Do they have upcoming earnings announcement?

Earnings are 11/1 after close. I'm going to hold through and sell on 11/2, unless it gets above 14 before then. I don't have much money in it so I can take a 100% loss.

SODA is another stock that repeatedly bounces off of strong support, but the time frame is a bit shorter and the support changes every few months. Like SKUL it has an extremely high short float(>50%) and short ratio(>10). It also has positive earnings(so the fundamentals aren't completely broken, otherwise it would drop steadily like RSH). Market cap is also at least in the hundreds of millions. If anyone finds more companies with those characteristics let me know. If the chart shows similar behavior to SODA and SKUL, that might be the formula for a great "trading stock."

I trade SODA already and have a pretty decent track record. Buy under 36 and sell for 37-38... Stock seems to have good support around those levels.

Edit: Herbalife may be worth looking into for this strategy (needs reviewing).

Edited by Thaze

I actually just sold a position out from HLF. I bought after the Einhorn debacle and thought it would go back to around 60 fairly quickly. Always got to around 52.5-53 and then would head back down to 48. If it goes back down to 48, I'm going to buy again and ride it up to 52-53.