SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

plugandplay

Debit Spread

Hi,

I have a 15 Nov call debit spread 195/200, with the underlying stock trading the past couple of day above 200 (as of now at 204), why would the value of the spread be staying around $90 and not be nearer it's max value (or at least $200-$300)? Is it just a time issue, 20 days till 15 Nov, and provided the stock stays above 200(my short position) or keeps climbing, the debit spread will increase in value?

Thanks,

Mike

Hi David, 

....I thought I was detailed, what other details? The option is NVDA if that changes things. As its a 195/200 spread and the stock is at $204, both the long and short calls are ITM, so I would have thought (but obviously I was wrong) it should be trading closer to the max gain of $500 (not the max gain, to much time left, but closer to it). 

Also, if it were to expire 15 Nov where it is today, at $204, would I receive the credit of $500, or do I need to sell it the day of or day before expiration? Actually I plan on selling it when the value of it is 50% of my purchase price, which I would think it should be closer to given the price of NVDA being above both strikes.

Thanks