SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

mustafaoe

Backtesting with ORATS

Hi,

I know that some of the members using Orats for backtesting. I am currently using CML TradeMachine. In general I am fine with CML TM but there are always some data issues that looks good from first view but sometimes it is simply not the reality. I am asking the experience with Orats? What are the advantages of Orats vs. CML Trade Machine?

5 hours ago, mustafaoe said:

Hi,

I know that some of the members using Orats for backtesting. I am currently using CML TradeMachine. In general I am fine with CML TM but there are always some data issues that looks good from first view but sometimes it is simply not the reality. I am asking the experience with Orats? What are the advantages of Orats vs. CML Trade Machine?

As the owner of ORATS I can speak to the benefits of our backtester:

• Near end of day data back to 2007 with excellent greeks and theoretical values.
  • Highly customizable backtests including the ability to select from many traditional options strategies, overlay with stock, change leg relationships, set price levels, set delta or OTM% levels.
  • Exit strategies including stop loss, stop profit%, delta level, percentage of strike difference.
  • View results with Sharpe ratios, win%, see all trades and download CSVs.
  • Ability to combine backtests in different weightings.
  • Ability to run multiple symbols.
  • Ability to enter based on indicators like volatility levels or IV/HV.
  • Ability to use outside entry and exit dates.
  • Ability to trade around earnings and investor conferences.
  • Many more.