SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. TRY IT FREE!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Christof+

Chartaffair.com - RV Charts & Backtesting for Steady Options

75 posts in this topic

Hi,

Is it possible to have the graphs smart phone friendly? When accessing the website on my phone and the graphs are smooshed and couldn’t really get to the graphs correctly displayed. Maybe I’m not getting the settings correctly? Thanks!

Hi @Gen88 Thanks for your message and welcome!

Yes, I can look further into this. What phone are you using? When trying now with my Android device I can access the graphs without problems (though zooming within the graphs and hiding individual cycles is admittedly a bit tedious).

Interactive graphs are generally difficult on mobiles. Apart from that the website should be very mobile friendly on any OS.

Thanks for the quick response. I use iPhone. Usually when I open up a ticker and go down the page the graphs is not showing but is all aligned to the left. I try to orient the phone couple times to show the graph but a bit sticky on the graph changes.

There are several updates during the day (in this case however I had stopped automatic updates for the part doing the website, to do some work, and did not switch it back on).

Emails run independently. Currently they are sent before each trading session at one of the points when all data has been picked up and processed from vendors. For now they are generally only sent on days which have a trading session to prevent spamming.

I am always thankful if you let me know (also by PM, mail or feedback button) when you detect obvious problems or a missed update.

Edited by Christof+

I was just made aware this morning that the database connection on the webserver is down and currently data on the site is not accessible. 

The server is run by my webhosting company, so unfortunately nothing I can solve directly by myself. But I am in contact with their support and hope to resolve the issue before the start of today's trading session. Sorry for that!

Is there any tool where can I see a option price chart in real time?

For example, if I select AAPL March 27 $230 Call

It shows a chart where I can see how changes the price of that option.

image.png

Thanks in advance!

@dorgis87   What broker do you use?   Most trading platforms such as TOS let you graph out option prices over time.   If you are in the option chain in TOS you can right click on the bid or ask price and choose "send to red" and then if your chart is linked to red color it will graph that option's price over time.    There are a few other ways to do it but I find that easiest.  

On 3/22/2020 at 10:05 PM, FrankTheTank said:

@dorgis87   What broker do you use?   Most trading platforms such as TOS let you graph out option prices over time.   If you are in the option chain in TOS you can right click on the bid or ask price and choose "send to red" and then if your chart is linked to red color it will graph that option's price over time.    There are a few other ways to do it but I find that easiest.  

Hi Frank

your send to red works like charm.

Do you know how to chart calendars / straddles on tradestation or tradehawk, too?

thank you for your help.

Dirk

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Christof+
      For anyone interested here is a lightweight tool for plotting real-time and historical intraday RV values.

Download: bit.ly/rt-rv
      Short video on major features: bit.ly/rt-rv-v

This tool is provided for free for your convenience.
      It is excel based and uses Interactive Brokers API for real-time data (follow instructions on download page).

Feel free to download and use it. It works completely independent of any chartaffair subscription.
      However, if you happen to have a valid chartaffair premium subscription it will additionally produce up-to-date earnings data through the chartaffair API. The test key included will work for a few days from now.

The VBA code inside is 100% open and accessible and anyone wanting to is invited to modify and repost it (f.e. to add more brokers).