SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

gowthamn

Trades in SO this month?

Did not want to start an entirely new thread. Thought this one was close to the topic. Was curious about the number of open trades that we have. If I am adding them up correctly including the most recent trade TSN, it would appear that we have 5 (full) positions and 8 (1/2) positions. Have you ever have a time when you would hold more than 10 positions?

BTW - great service here.

Thanks 

Edited by g5harlan

3 minutes ago, g5harlan said:

Did not want to start an entirely new thread. Thought this one was close to the topic. Was curious about the number of open trades that we have. If I am adding them up correctly including the most recent trade TSN, it would appear that we have 5 (full) positions and 8 (1/2) positions. Have you ever have a time when you would hold more than 10 positions?

Thanks 

No, and at least 2 will be closing next week (IBM BWB and MSFT hedged straddle)

Sorry to hijack this thread but how does our portfolio look relative to the market (e.g. SPX) right now?   It seems like everyday the market has been slowly grinding up and my SO portfolio is slowly losing 1-3% each day.   I am not sure if that is theta and vega working against me or if my open SPX positions themselves were too large and are causing most of the drag for me.

(sorry I don't have ToS or an easy way to track my portfolio).

Edited by FrankTheTank

We don't measure our portfolio performance against the S&P. Some of the positions are definitely hurt by decreasing IV and negative theta.

But interestingly enough, when S&P lost almost 10% in December, and our portfolio made 17.3%, nobody mentioned it..

10 minutes ago, Kim said:

We don't measure our portfolio performance against the S&P. Some of the positions are definitely hurt by decreasing IV and negative theta.

But interestingly enough, when S&P lost almost 10% in December, and our portfolio made 17.3%, nobody mentioned it..

Sorry I was not trying to compare returns to SPX and certainly not complaining.  I was more interested in how were were positioned relative to the index (beta weight).   So if the SPX goes down 1% would we expect our portfolio to rise by 1%, etc.    (not sure if I have that correct or if its even possible to guess this)