SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Andrew

Trade Journal

Does anyone use trade journal software?  I'd be interested in hearing about experiences or recommendations.  For those that use Tradehawk, how well does their strategies section fill this need?  

Hi @Andrew, I have been using Tradehawk since last month and I am satisfied using the strategies and order staging functions. Although I prefer to keep a google sheet for my overall portfolio; I still use the strategies section because it let me view and keep record of the positions. Look at the screenshots for the risk section organized by strategies and the particular NKE trade wich has been adjusted and shows the closed and current PnL.

risk.png

strat.png

On 8/28/2018 at 1:08 PM, ablanco said:

Hi @Andrew, I have been using Tradehawk since last month and I am satisfied using the strategies and order staging functions. Although I prefer to keep a google sheet for my overall portfolio; I still use the strategies section because it let me view and keep record of the positions. Look at the screenshots for the risk section organized by strategies and the particular NKE trade wich has been adjusted and shows the closed and current PnL.

risk.png

strat.png

Thanks.  Do you know if it's possible to access Tradehawk on a mobile device?  I know they don't have an app right now, but I was wondering if you could get in through a mobile web browser or other method.  

On 8/29/2018 at 3:08 AM, ablanco said:

risk.png

strat.png

Hi ablanco - Would you mind sharing how you modify/organize the risk section? I am also wondering if you could share your google sheet trading journal so I can track the SO trade better. I have a hard time tracking profit/loss on a trade that needs to calculate it based on margin. For example, our current BWB CAT trade cannot be tracked p/l accurately in tradehawk as it only shows p/l based on the cost, not the margin used.

Any advice you or anyone can share on this matter would be appreciated.