SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Guest Manish Mehta

Options Trading only first 3 hours

Guest Manish Mehta

Hello,

Due to work and other commitments, I can only be in the markets everyday for the first 3 hours. In this case, can I still expect to make similar profits as done by SO calls ?

Does everyone here check the markets throughout the session everyday ?

Thanks.

If you are in the markets all the time, you may still not be able to match SO performance unless you put in effort to learn the systems. If you want to blindly follow the system, then I don't believe you can make similar profits as the official SO trades, whether you are there three hours or more.

Good luck.

2 hours ago, Guest Manish Mehta said:

Hello,

Due to work and other commitments, I can only be in the markets everyday for the first 3 hours. In this case, can I still expect to make similar profits as done by SO calls ?

Does everyone here check the markets throughout the session everyday ?

Thanks.

There are a variety of members here; some are full-time traders who have years of experience and some are brand new to options and fitting in trading around their "normal job" schedule. Regardless of your situation, the key to your success will be taking the time to learn the SO methodology and to apply it yourself. Most new members start off by paper trading a month, then following the official trades, then following some other members' unofficial trades, then branching out and beginning to apply what they've learned to make their own trades. I would not expect to have similar results to the official portfolio until you've gone through all those stages. And if you're new to options, I think breaking even your first year is a pretty good goal.

So to answer your question, I think it is possible to get very good results only trading 3 hours per day, as long as you have realistic expectations about what you're getting into and the flexibility to adjust your trading to your own schedule. I think even those of us who are full-time traders still find it difficult to match the official portfolio returns on the official trades. However, if you're proactively making the same types of trades without waiting for the trade alerts, you'll vastly improve your odds. Also, there are quite a few unofficial trades posted by other members that add a lot of value to a subscription.