SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

apsoccermd

Trade Journal/ Trade reporting

Hello, 

I am looking for software that helps me track performance for SO activities (Tradier) and my other Fidelity and IB accounts. 

The key features that I am looking for:

1) ability to journal trades, long short, multi legged option spreads (SO)   via import.. I trade a lot and doing manual entries is not realistic.. 

2) ability to tag/group trades with custom attributes (Steady Options, Custom, ETC)

3) risk management/ exposure report (i run few leveraged long/short accounts) 

I am looking at the following packages.. 

1)  http://www.tradelogsoftware.com - not sure what to make of it.. this looks like more of a tax reporting tool .. 

2) tradeportfoliomanager.com/ - I heard few people mentioned this on the the forum.. I asked for a free trial from the tool creator but it does not look like the import is supported for tradier

3) https://www.tradervue.com/ - this looks interesting.. I have created a trial account (free tier) ... and I was able to import a APEX clearing transaction log.. Unfortunately free account only let you journal stock trades. 

If anyone as experiences with these or any other tools of similar nature.. I would like to learn about it.

Thanks

I don't think TradeHawk has ALL of those options, but it does have integrated performance tracking built-in to the software (feature is called strategies).  This allows you to simply select a filled order, and add to your log under teh appropriate 'strategy'.  They have a 30 day trial, would highly recommend checking it out.

I've asked for more 'reporting' features from this as well and if others ask I'm sure they'll prioritize.

I did use tradeportfoliomanager for a bit, but was doing everything manually, when tradehawk implemented strategies, I stopped.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Good luck.

11 hours ago, Kim said:

Did you look at ONE software?

I have looked at it very briefly.. It seems its great for steady options traders.. I do however trade many other things in additions to options.. I will defiantly look deeper into it over holidays.. 

7 hours ago, clems said:

I don't think TradeHawk has ALL of those options, but it does have integrated performance tracking built-in to the software (feature is called strategies).  This allows you to simply select a filled order, and add to your log under teh appropriate 'strategy'.  They have a 30 day trial, would highly recommend checking it out.

I've asked for more 'reporting' features from this as well and if others ask I'm sure they'll prioritize.

I did use tradeportfoliomanager for a bit, but was doing everything manually, when tradehawk implemented strategies, I stopped.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Good luck.

Thanks i am usuing Tradehawk at the moment and it's OK for trading.. Hasn't looked into reporting / tracking yet.. I have tried tradeportfoliomanager  but gave up really fast, since manual entry was a showstopper..