SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Bull3t007

IB percentage gain per trade in portfolio

12 hours ago, mabueh said:

Classic TWS: Edit -> Global Configuration -> Market Data Columns -> Unrealized P&L%

Once added, right click on it and choose between "Value", "Percentage" or "Both"

Is this what you are looking for?

Unrealized.JPG

Ah I see now, thank you!

6 hours ago, Bull3t007 said:

Ah I see now, thank you!

I have used IB since they first opened. Since the 1st version of TWS.

I would never trade anywhere else ( I hope!).

But, with regard to these items.

I have , on my basic watchlist page, a column for "unrealized p/l" and  "daily p/l".

I have not really spent the time to do a thorough study of these 2 things but, just from eyeballing the numbers in those columns everyday, they more often than not, seem incorrect.

For example, a position that I KNOW is trading at a loss from where it was first put on, will show a positive p/l number ( and vice versa).

I think the daily p/l of a position ( which I assume is the change from yesterday), seems to be make more sense.

Just look into it and don't take it at face value until you get a better feel for it.

It is possible that the problem may have it's roots in the fact that somewhere along the line, I made another ( most likely spread) trade that connected to my initial position and that is what is throwing the numbers off.

Edited by cuegis