SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Yowster

AAPL Calendar

AAPL reports on 7/26 and calendar pricing looks very attractive.  The Jul29/Aug19 ATM call calendar was 0.40 a couple of days ago and is around 0.30 now.   I know we've got a bunch of official calendars open right now, but the pricing on this one looks good based on prior cycles.

There are plenty of calendars which are cheap.  Its hard to miss any . But at same time its better to allocate as per earnings date sequence.

like nflx is next week, so will be out of that trade and then roll into appl which is week away, then roll into tsla.

That is why I am reluctant to get into goog or tsla that quickly . 

On 7/12/2016 at 9:50 PM, Yowster said:

AAPL reports on 7/26 and calendar pricing looks very attractive.  The Jul29/Aug19 ATM call calendar was 0.40 a couple of days ago and is around 0.30 now.   I know we've got a bunch of official calendars open right now, but the pricing on this one looks good based on prior cycles.

Hi Yowster,

thanks for the heads-up

entered 97.50C Jul29/Aug19  @ .27

Congrats everyone.  You did better than me as you got in at better prices.  I got in at 0.30 and out at avg of 0.365.   I was hoping for better when I opened this trade a few weeks ago, but given the collapse in calendar prices I'll be happy with my gain.

Had the 97.5, 100, and 102 call calendars at an average of $0.301 and got out for an average of $0.296 (all after commission numbers), so a 1.5% loss. Y'all did much better than me, but I had to close within the first hour of trading and couldn't get a reasonable fill on the 102's.