SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Edwin

CMG Iron Condor

I had today's expiration. I gave myself a ten point cushion, which wasn't enough, so I had to roll down and out two weeks, but I will look at the chart and perhaps even go lower  and further out next week. That was a risky day trade, as I found myself rolling with one minute to go until close.

News: 

Multistate Outbreak of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O26 Infections Linked to Chipotle Mexican Grill Restaurants

http://www.cdc.gov/ecoli/2015/O26-11-15/index.html 

Any thoughts of selling CMG premium as it's down about 45+ points/8% as of now?  IV Rank has gone up almost 40% to about 75%.

In my experience with news the IV goes up for good reason and not a good time to sell it.  Wait for realized volatility to decrease and IV to start coming down, then find a risk controlled way to sell it (like a wide IC).