SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

femape

Need help with an active speculative position

Hi there,
I'll appreciate if somebody can help me to decide if go out or keep in an active Bullish position: OCR Dec18'15 95 Call. I never experienced yet a merge and that is why I need some help.
It results that OCR may be absorbed @18Aug by Tree Merger Sub, Inc (subsidiary of CVS Pharmacy, Inc). actually this is the information that I have:

On August 18, 2015, Shareholders of Omnicare, Inc. (OCR) will vote concerning the proposed merger
with Tree Merger Sub, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of CVS Pharmacy, Inc. If the merger is approved
and consummated, each existing OCR Common Share will be converted into the right to receive $98.00
net cash per share.

Then my question is, should I keep it or should I move out?

Thank you in advance!

There is no right or wrong answer.  If the deal were to fall through, then you'll lose.  I guess it would depend on how many calls you bought.  If it were me and I bought 10 calls, I would take profit on the majority of them, and let a few ride.  That way, you lock in the majority of the profit, and let a few ride if the merger is approved, and still get some upside, and not lose all of your profits if something were go to wrong.

There is no right or wrong answer.  If the deal were to fall through, then you'll lose.  I guess it would depend on how many calls you bought.  If it were me and I bought 10 calls, I would take profit on the majority of them, and let a few ride.  That way, you lock in the majority of the profit, and let a few ride if the merger is approved, and still get some upside, and not lose all of your profits if something were go to wrong.

Thanks,

actually I have only one call because it was just a try. I have almost nothing of Profit at the moment, but is not a loosing trade. What do you think? Should I go out?