SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

I had to close the GOOG trade for .95 while Kim closed for 1.5 because I didn't get to the alert quickly. Just wondering what's the quickest way to get alerts? I click the Notifications button and I'm following on Twitter but it can get lost in a bunch of other emails. Maybe if I get a dedicated email? Maybe a smart watch? Any other ideas? Thanks.

I use an Iphone and a Microsoft Band.  I'm not exactly sure how I did it.  But only steady options twitters go to my Iphone notification screen.  And those alerts go to my Microsoft Band.

My problem is that even though I enter the trade literately moments after the Twitter alert goes out, I sometimes still miss the opportunity to get in the trade at the Kim's price.   What I need to get better at is predicting the setup that Kim is using when he is looking for the trade.  Once or twice, I've gotten a trade the same time he gets it.  That sure feels good.  

I've found the best way is to set up twitter such that notifications from SteadyOptions get texted to you. I always get the alert within a few minutes of Kim posting it.

GOOG was a crazy trade. I've been following SO since the beginning of the year, and generally have gotten the knack of fills--but GOOG was something where if you missed Kim's price, it started going down and never turned back. The current round of calendars really took a beating during this post-Greece run up, but it's a testament to the strategy that the losses are not catastrophic.

GOOG trade was definitely very unusual. Most of the time, even if the price runs away, it's only by few cents, and many times it comes back. So I don't think it's really critical to get the alert in matter of minutes. And as always, I recommend members to be more proactive, based on our discussions.