SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

TDM

IB Tradelog- Commissions

Hi All,

Whenever I look at the tradelog in IB, it shows me all of my order executions as spreads, but it doesn't show any of the commissions and fees. Sometimes it shows like $8, but invariable the total is wrong. Does anyone know if there's a trick to getting commissions to show in tradelog, or if there's another place where you can view all of your transactions by spread? I'm trying to log my trades, and it's rather cumbersome to try to calculate it from the confirmations, which are showing it to me by individual option rather than spread.

Thanks,

T

Normally the commission column should be there in the default settings (at your right site)

if not you can add it;

you right click where you want to add column and then select "lay-out"

hope this helps

Edited by 4REAL

The commissions column is there--but it is blank, or occasionally shows like $8 when commissions were much higher. Does yours show accurate commissions or is this just a platform glitch?

Edited by TDM

It is not normal that the comm column is blank.

Might be best to check with IB, maybe has to do with update or so

I have accurate comm (95% of the time)

After close I compare the total of commissions of that day in tradelog

with the trade confirmations  under reports tab on the Account Management Home page.

Edited by 4REAL