SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

zafh

Options software

There was some software that SO recommended to track your trades and backtest stuff.

can anyone remember what it was called / website.

All I remember was they were a UK company / site and SO had worked out a reduced subscription rate.

Anyone know?

I believe it does subject to what broker you use. I use IB and not sure that is supported although it does access IB for all the real time prices.

It would be good if someone can share how we can effectively use it. Kim used to predict the projected profit for the SPX Calendar and it seemed to be right on the money (no pun intended).

Kim do you know if it will keep track of my / your trades?

Do you have to re-enter the legs each time to see what is going on, or does it save the info for you?

I believe it does subject to what broker you use. I use IB and not sure that is supported although it does access IB for all the real time prices.

It would be good if someone can share how we can effectively use it. Kim used to predict the projected profit for the SPX Calendar and it seemed to be right on the money (no pun intended).

I would love to sign up for it, because it looks so powerful. But I'm also not sure how to effectively use it for what we do.

I also thought I saw where you could place trades on ONE software, that has a plugin for IB. Any other members here using it that way also?

I wanted to get this to further my education in options back testing etc but really hesitant as not sure if I can really know how to use it. Will really appreciate some guidance from Kim or the rest of forum on how to really maximize the value of ONE

I'm working with Andy from ONE to arrange a webinar for SO members.

Another thread mentioned that Interactive Brokers newest build now better displays pricing, is that correct?

And then you'd only use ONE for backtesting at that point.

However, I downloaded what I believe is the latest IB software and its still a disaster for readily displaying where I am in profit & loss.

I would love to sign up for it, because it looks so powerful. But I'm also not sure how to effectively use it for what we do.

I also thought I saw where you could place trades on ONE software, that has a plugin for IB. Any other members here using it that way also?

Hi I use it sometimes for trading because it's faster for trading spreads or butterfly. The only problem is that sometimes the link between ONE and IB - TWS does not work properly but their customer service is really good and they improve quite fast. 

does ONE have mobile apps?  I don't see it on their website.

also, does anyone see a market for a more simplistic piece of software, that costs much less?  I think many people want a better way to calculate than Excel or paying $100 a month.  a way to track the portfolio with a bit of backtesting for prediction on future trades, with a simplistic scanner.

Kim, are you submitting orders to IB from the ONE software or building the orders in IB?   Makes a difference in affordability of ONE if we can do away with the data feed fees in IB to use towards purchase of ONE software.

Kim, are you submitting orders to IB from the ONE software or building the orders in IB?   Makes a difference in affordability of ONE if we can do away with the data feed fees in IB to use towards purchase of ONE software.

yeah, ONE is a bit expensive for myself as I may not use all the features.