SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Vancouver

GME Calendar May 2015

Started a position in GME 39C calendar (long June 19, short May 29) @ $0.22.

In the previous cycle we paid $0.32 & $0.34, and exited at $0.35 & $0.38 so looks like a screaming buy.

Commissions are high on this one, but it seems like a good opportunity to me.

Yes, I noticed that too. I believe it was the same last time - puts were also much more expensive that the calls. 

You're right, it was.  It is 0.03 more this quarter so that explains part of the lower price.  Nice find, Vancouver!

Update - the dividend was 0.03 more last quarter (0.36), this quarter's doesn't appear to be out yet.

Edited by luxmon

As far as calendar is concerned will put or calls expand with same amount ? i.e gains will be same either puts or calls ?

Also 40 call calendar  is OTM . So nobody will exercise it to get a dividend .

Considering this what is the risk of call v/s put calendar. 

They increased dividend last cycle .

Closed all my positions yesterday at 0.27. Still made some small money after commission, but clearly we didn't get the price action we wanted, and I prefer not to wait for the last day especially because this isn't a very liquid name.