SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Maxtodorov

Skype or Other Chat

I am just wondering if any of you use Skype or other chats during the trading day? 

I know there is a chat feature that we have on the board, but folks do not seem to be very active on there.....

Just wondering what folks use. 

I am often on Skype.... (maxtodorov).... reach out if you want I will accept request if you mention that you are from SO..... 

I'm all for skype. In fact I was about to post a message a while back. I think its a good idea for those that are online and want to share.

I'm not consistently on, but I am periodically. I'll hit you up later.

Guest Deltahedge

I've found that Skype actually tends to be a bad way to disseminate information and use group chat due to the lag issues. It's related to Skype sending messages through their P2P infrastructure which at times can relay the messages slowly. 

See the lengthy thread below on the Skype forums which dates back to 2011 where people complain of the issue.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/delay-in-receiving-chat-messages/td-p/24728