SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Kim

Self Managed, Auto-Trading or Managed?

We get a lot of questions regarding different options of using our services. We currently offer three alternatives:

• Self-managed accounts (SteadyOptions, Anchor Trades and Steady Condors).
  • Auto-trading (coming soon, Anchor Trades and Steady Condors).
  • Managed accounts (Anchor Trades and Steady Condors).
We would like to describe each one of the alternatives, using Steady Condors as an example.

Click here to view the article

Great summary Kim, Thank you.

I believe neither auto-trading (GAT) or managed accounts are available to Canadians. 

I emailed GAT a few days ago on that matter and they said:

"At this time we are only accepting US resident accounts. However we should be accepting non-US accounts in the second half of 2014."

Hope is always good, but like in trading, hope is not a strategy.. :)

On a serious note, it is not up to us. TOS does not accept new services for at least 2 years if not more. We "hope" to get approved based on the fact that Chris and Jesse use their institutional platform for their managed accounts, so they went through a long compliance process already. Most newsletters that auto-trade are not even run by licensed advisers. If anyone would get approved you think it would be us, but you never know.

out of curiosity how does an auto trader like GAT allocate trades if it gets filled at different prices? Can they allocate at an average price (with frachtions of cents).

Say they execute 1,000 lots and 990 get filled at 1$ but for the last 10 they have to lift 1.05, does anyone know how that gets allocated? I assuem what ever the solution is that would also apply to managed accounts?

Kim, 

would be possible to make a survey to know how many members would be interested is "SC managed account" using IB(if it is possible for Jesse and Chris to manage non US resident account).

If we are quite a few maybe is something to consider.

thanks for your time

Gabriele

I think I should get an answer from TOS next week on if they will autotrade for me.  I talked with them earlier today, and I'm encouraged by the phone call, but we will see.  Prices are averaged on partial fills on both the autotrade and managed account side.

I would like to see a survey like Gabriele mentioned, as well as a survey of how many members would prefer autotrade at GAT compared to TOS.  Kim, can we do this?