SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

cwelsh

SPY Ratio Diagonal

211 posts in this topic

There have been several questions regarding the auto-trading of this strategy.  To make things easier for everyone, I will make a post this weekend which contains:

1.  A summary of the strategy;

2.  Risks of the strategy;

3.  Returns since it was traded (in June);

4.  What your expected returns should be, and why or why not you might meet them;

5.  Thoughts on why this has worked so well for SPY and not for GLD.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to post them here, in that thread, PM me, or email me.

Today is February 7, 2014 and I'm rolling the position (staying at the approximately 4:5 ratio)

SPY currently @ 178.84

BTC Feb 14 180.5 Put @  2.25

STO Feb 21 180 Put @    2.40

Net Credit of 0.15

If you think the market is about to bounce, you might want to sell the other 1:5 ratio further down (around the 170 strike).  Right now you can get a pretty good risk premium. 

If the markets do bounce, particularly early in the week, we'll need to roll up quickly.

If you think the markets are about to go down, I would reduce the ratio from a 4:5 to around a 3.5:5 or even maybe a 3:5.

Since I have no clue what they're doing, I'm sticking with the 4:5 ratio and will adjust up if the markets bounce up.

There have been several questions regarding the auto-trading of this strategy.  To make things easier for everyone, I will make a post this weekend which contains:

1.  A summary of the strategy;

2.  Risks of the strategy;

3.  Returns since it was traded (in June);

4.  What your expected returns should be, and why or why not you might meet them;

5.  Thoughts on why this has worked so well for SPY and not for GLD.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to post them here, in that thread, PM me, or email me.

This summary will post here when ready, yes?

It will post in the general forum, and its typed, but being edited as we speak.

Hi Chris,   I've not been able to locate this strategy summary in the general forum or elsewhere with a search.   Please provide the location if it has posted.    Thanks, Rob.

Hi Chris,   I've not been able to locate this strategy summary in the general forum or elsewhere with a search.   Please provide the location if it has posted.    Thanks, Rob.

Neither have I...