SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Guest Hal

IB Subscriptions?

Guest Hal

I just got my IB account funded and am working my way through the intricacies of the Trader Work Station. I understand I need to pay for some subscriptions if I want to receive realtime market data.

On an earlier thread, someone was told to subscribe to the "US Bundle", available via the following path:

Account Management home > Trade > Configuration > Market Data Subscriptions

Well, there doesn't seem to be a "US Bundle" listed. There's Level 1 "US Cmdty" package, along with a bunch of Index, Level 2, and Floor packages.

Has this "US Bundle" been renamed, or is this the same as the Level 1 - US Cmdy package? And wouldn't I want some of the Index packages for being able to view data on RUT, SPY, VIX, etc.

Also, I see no information about fees being waved if I pay over a certain amount in commissions. Hmm...

Thanks for your kind help.

In my menus I follow these steps

1. Go to Account Management Home > Research and Market Data Subscriptions
  2. Click "continue" to move past the research page
  3. Click the "North America" tab
  4. You should see the main options there

I think you'll want "US Bundle" and "US Options" at least. Most of the indices are self explanatory, except perhaps CBOE/MDX which gives you VIX.

Guest Hal

Hi guys,

Thanks for the quick response, and thanks Josh, for the screenshot. Actually, my screen does NOT include the US Bundle as an option. It includes the indexes, Level 1 and Level 2 stuff - just no bundle option, and no mention of "waiver."

I think I'm going to have to contact IB to see what's up. Thanks to you both for confirming what I SHOULD be seeing!

Hal

post-980-0-84499900-1361882678_thumb.gif

Edited by Hal

Hi guys,

Thanks for the quick response, and thanks Josh, for the screenshot. Actually, my screen does NOT include the US Bundle as an option. It includes the indexes, Level 1 and Level 2 stuff - just no bundle option, and no mention of "waiver."

I think I'm going to have to contact IB to see what's up. Thanks to you both for confirming what I SHOULD be seeing!

Hal

looks like you are a 'professional subscriber' or however IB calls that. For these much higher rates apply and there is no free (after min comm) US bundle. Might be a case of you ticking a few wrong boxes - then you should be able to change that. Or if your account is for a Ltd company then you are also automatically a professional subscriber (and probably wont be able to change that).

Guest Hal

Yep, you nailed it, Marco.

After getting off the phone with IB Customer Support, the issue was, in fact, that I was listed as a professional subscriber (must have checked the wrong box, as you said).

I switched to non-professional and the checkbox for US Bundle appeared.

Thanks to you all,

Hal