- We offer a combination of a high quality education and actionable trade ideas.
- We educate you about options and teach you about risk.
- We aim for steady and consistent gains with low risk.
- We provide mix of short and medium term trading ideas based on Implied Volatility (straddles, calendars etc.)
- We are not a financial analyst, nor a stock or options guru who guarantees that following our advice will make you millions.
- We are not a get-rich-quick-without-efforts kind of newsletter.
- We strongly advise subscribers of this website to do their own homework and trade only what suits their risk tolerance.
How We Are Different
Our commitment to you: we want to make money with you, not from you.
We execute all trades that we share with members in our personal accounts.
If you lose, we lose too. When you profit, we profit too.
- Check out our performance and see how we make money in any market.
- We list every trade, both winners and losers, on our track record.
- We provide complete transparency. Our performance is based on real fills.
- The performance of the model portfolio reflects the growth of the entire account.
- We provide a complete portfolio approach.
- We explain every trade we make and execute all trades in our personal accounts.
- Our first priority is capital protection - check out how small our losers are.
Please refer to Frequently Asked Questions for more details.
"Our world needs less gurus and more teachers. Gurus are about helping themselves become successful-- Teachers are about helping others become successful."-- Joseph C. Kunz Jr.
teaching steady options
Founder and Editor: Kim Klaiman has been trading stocks and options for more than 10 years. He likes to trade variety of non-directional trades with low correlation to limit the total portfolio risk. Kim wrote over 100 articles for Seeking Alpha. He started the SteadyOptions educational forum after numerous requests from his Seeking Alpha readers, to share his experience and trading ideas. Kim holds a BSc degree in Computer Science. He lives in Toronto, Canada.
You can follow him on Google+ and Twitter.
Contributor: Mark Wolfinger has been in the options business since 1977, when he began his career as a floor trader at the Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE). Since leaving the Exchange, Mark has been giving trading seminars as well as providing individual mentoring via telephone, email and his premium Options For Rookies blog. Mark has published four books about options. His Options For Rookies book is a classic primer and a must read for every options trader. Mark holds a BS from Brooklyn College and a PhD in chemistry from Northwestern University.
Contributor: Christopher B. Welsh is an attorney practicing in Dallas, Texas. He is a licensed investment advisor in the State of Texas and is the president of a small investment firm, Lorintine Capital, LP which is a general partner of two separate private funds. He offers investment advice to his clients, both in the law practice and outside of it. Chris is an active litigator and assists his clients with all aspects of their business, from start-up through closing.
Chris has a Bachelor of Science in Economics, a Bachelor of Computer Science from Texas A&M University and a law degree from Southern Methodist University.
Contributor: Jesse Blom is also a licensed investment advisor and Vice President of Lorintine Capital, LP. He provides investment advice to clients all over the United States and around the world. Jesse has been in financial services since 2008 achieving multiple industry achievements including qualifying membership in the Million Dollar Round Table for 5 consecutive years. Membership in this prestigious group represents the top 1% of financial professionals in the world. Jesse has a Bachelor of Science in Finance from Oral Roberts University.