SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

InvestTrader

Tools to Use and Priority

Hi!

Since all or the majority of the tools mentioned and/or used as subscription based and in order to avoid incur in to much costs in the early stages, I would like to ask:

1) What are the tools that really are a "must have"

2) Is it possible to establish an order of priority for these tools? For instance ... "The first tool you must have is Option Net. The second is ..."

Thank You!

Volatility HQ is what I use, for SO trades and for some other non SO style trades.  The concept of RV applies to a lot of options trading.  I use Thinkorswim as a trading platform so I don't use ONE, but Thinkorswim doesn't allow you to add and subtract options to an overall trade concept and track the resulting P & L.  However, I use Excel with the Thinkorswim RTD function to track those kinds of trades, this is a good fit for me because I use Excel for my trade log and my education notebook.  Priority in my opinion is: understand the trades, get comfortable with your trading platform, lastly, understand how you would apply VHq (or Chartaffair) then pay that extra monthly tithe.