SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Deltatrader9

Looking for an IBKR TWS tutor? lol

Good afternoon fellow traders!

Now, of course, naturally, I am working through the tutorials that IB provides and YouTube has some good resources.

However...does anyone offer tutoring for IBKR TWS? Man o' man, I am finding that interface c-o-m-p-l-i-c-a-t-e-d!

I can't seem to figure out:
1. Simple visual risk graphs that match the underlying so that I can see my option spread's (debit vertical) current, up-to-date P/L
2. Trying to figure out bracket orders for option spreads...yeesh.

3.  A very simple way of CLOSING a trade with all the legs at once (whether it is buy to close or sell to close)
4. And btw, when I sell both the call spread and the put spread for the classic wide RUT iron condor, am I "BUYING to open" the iron condor, or am I “SELLING to open” the Rut Iron Condor. I am collecting a credit of course, am I not selling both the call and put spread to open?
My eyes go crossed when I open the TWS software. Nevertheless, I'll plug my way through!
But I would literally pay someone to accelerate my learning curve. Any takers? 
Man, this TWS is confusing. Yes, for sure the web portal is easier, but it has its own issues (for me). 
Is the mobile app any easier? 

Cheers
Deltatrader9

Hey there!
Im also just starting out with TWS and I can tell you, its confusing for me too!
I want to work my way through it anyway. I think if you stick around with it long enough and keep on learning you will finally figure it out. There are many pro traders that use TWS for years and they like it. 

Maybe I can answers some of your questions. 

1. If you are about to submit an order, you can check a box "performance profile" (or something similar, my tws is in german). Then there should open a risk graph, that shwos your profit and lost zones, profability of winning, provision and some other things. 
What I find very useful is the "Risk navigator". You can compare single positions or your whole portfolio to a benchmark. 
You can make an "What if portfolio" play through some changes in the positions and check the risk and various other things. Risk Navigator is a must imo.IB has a 10 Video playlist on youtube about the risk navigator. Its great. 

2. Dont know what bracket orders are. 

3. Whats the problem with closing a trade with all the legs at once. When you dont submit the trade through a limit order, rather with a market order, the trade should be closed pretty immediately. But keep in mind to avtivate the "Strategy Builder" when starting a trade. Could it be that you bought all the single legs seperately?

4.I had exactly the same problem which got me very confused. When you sell a Iron Condor for example, you buy it in the TWS. It took me a while to figure that out! :(

Good luck! And as longer you stick with it, the better it gets imo.