SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

cwelsh

Long Dated GS Income (paper trade)

Again, this is a paper trade, and I will be using worst case fills:

GS at 119.50 at start

Long Dec 110 Call (11.30)

Long Dec 130 Put (12.20)

Net debit: $23.50

Short Nov 1 125 Call .29

Short Nov 1 115 Put .56

Net credit: 0.85

(note: the deltas on the short really lined up pretty miserably, Impossible to get much further from the goal of .30, so this is about the minimum credit we should expect)

If you were trading this in your real portfolio, hopefully you closed the 120 side yesterday. When it hit 120, the 120 put was right at $1.15. Closing out the 130 call today would cost .01, or a loss of 0.16 on the week, or 0.6% (basically BE).

Then this week we would sell the 115/120 for $2.50 -- this is not ideal, but there is no .30 call delta available.

As this is a paper trade, I'll check again tomorrow, and might track opening on Friday as well.

Closing the Nov 8 trade would have cost 1.60 (close on Wed), or a 3.8% gain

On Thursday, open the 11/16 110/120 for .82. Close this last Friday for .42, or a 1.7% gain

Open on Friday the

115/125 for .45 (no good strikes available on Friday), max return of 1.9%

Total return so far: 7.7% -- not as high as I was wanting, but actually is performing fairly well.