SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

dsmdsm

Trades Discussions

Kim,

From my experience in the forum, so far, I've noticed that under "Earning Trade Discussions", for each trade, most of the posts are related to announcements by various members about the prices they opened/closed their trades or if they succeeded/failed to enter the trade.

For me, most of the time, this is just "noise" and no valuable information. At the same time, when I decide to follow specific stocks/trades, it means that I receive every day too many emails that are of no use to me.

I fully understand that for other members these announcements can be quite useful, therefore I would like to suggest the following idea:

Under "Earning Trade Discussions", the members should only post comments/ideas(real discussion) about the trades.

Then, create another section/category in the forum with the title "Members buy/sell prices", or something like that, where members can post their announcements about their opening/closing prices and similar information for each trade.

In this way, people can choose if they want to receive messages about posts that REALLY discuss the trades or/and posts about opening/closing prices of members' trades.

Thank you

Dimitrios

Not a bad idea - it's nice to compare notes about the prices when actual trades are triggered, but it's also good to be able to stay focused on actual comments and feedback on the validity of the trade - the only drawback is that then you have to generate 2 sections for each stock, but hopefully it wouldn't be too much more work.

While I understand where you are coming from, I personally think that members fills are an important part of the discussion. Wouldn't you want to compare your fills with others to see if you could do better? What if someone played it with monthlies instead of weeklies - wouldn't it be beneficial to compare how the monthlies performed compared to the weeklies? I think that creating an extra topic for each trade would complicate things - next time I want to check the previous cycle discussion, I will have to check two topics.

There is always an option to follow the topic only till the actual trade alert is sent, and then to unfollow if you feel there is too much "noise".

There are times when I find myself wondering if the message I am writing is really worthwhile. Does anyone really care if I am the fourth person to get into the same trade at the same price? Probably not. So I try not to "me too". But when prices, and sometimes strikes and strategies (RIC vs Straddle VS Strangle), are variable over time, I really use the posts that show real members fills, in an out. It also keys me into when I may want to adjust a trade (average down, roll to another strike, etc.)

Thanks Kim, for sending out those two mails that everyone should've gotten.

For me, I do find it valuable when people post their fill prices, both in and out, even if they're dupes of others. It gives me a sense of whether I got a "good" price vs. everyone else and whether anyone got in. Sometimes when I see nobody posting an "in", I wonder if anyone got in.

Given how many registered users there are, I've been wondering how active others actually are in doing the official plays/trades. Is everyone else just quietly lurking, not even looking or not playing? Perhaps they don't wish to post are don't have the time or can't easily do it (e.g. trading using smartphones only).

I also look for guidance from some of the more experience folks here for exiting, esp. if my original profit targets of 10-20% weren't hit or if the straddle/strangle is tanking,

Edited by cwerdna