SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Kim

Welcome Chris!

Hello all,

I would like to welcome Chris Welsh as a SteadyOptions contributor. Chris is already an active participant in our discussions, and now he gets his own weekly column.

Please note that Chris is also running a hedge fund, so those of you with larger portfolios might consider transferring some of the funds to him instead of bidding up the less liquid options of SO portfolio.

Christopher B. Welsh is an attorney practicing in Dallas, Texas. He primarily operates in the areas of business litigation and arbitration, business transactional work, and business formation. Mr. Welsh is an active litigator, in both court and through arbitration, and assists his clients with all aspects of their business, from start-up through closing. He particularly enjoys working with entrepreneurs and represents a variety of industries, including banks, credit unions, financiers, car dealerships, restaurants, television studios, various franchises, insurance, general contractors, real estate agencies, medical groups, technology firms, and a large variety of small entrepreneurial businesses.

Mr. Welsh attended Texas A&M University where he received a Bachelor of Science in Economics in May 2003 and a Bachelor of Computer Science in August 2003. He went on to earn his law degree from Southern Methodist University in 2006. Subsequently, he became a licensed investment advisor in the State of Texas and is the president of a small investment firm, Lorintine Capital, LP. Lorintine Captial, LP is the general partner of two separate private funds. He offers investment advice to his clients, both in the law practice and outside of it.

Mr. Welsh is licensed by the State Bar of Texas, the Northern District of Texas, the Eastern District of Texas, the Southern District of Texas, the Eastern District of Texas, and by United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. Mr. Welsh is also license by the Eastern District of Michigan and the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.

Chris I forgot to chime in after Kim announced you were "officially" writing a column for SO. I've followed your posts and I've been learning much from them, I look forward to your posts in your new column and hope to continue to learn from your trading insight and experience! Well deserved!

Hi Chris,

Kim mentioned in the first post those with larger portfolios could consider transferring some to your hedge fund.

Can you let me know a ball park figure that would make sense?

Also do you have data for your fund like MER and historical returns etc.?

Cheers,

Yes to both -- send me your email through a PM and I'll email over fund summaries.

To invest in a fund you have to be at least an accredited investor, and preferably a qualified client (if you don't know what these are, just ask, I'll explain).

A typical minimum investment is $100K, though smaller positions are sometimes taken after discussion.  Because of securities laws restrictions, the number of members of any one fund is limited (either to 50 or 500 depending on the type of fund you are).  Since membership size is limited, investment size has to be as well.  If people want to "put their toe in" and place a smaller investment for a time, I'm typically ok with that as long as one of two things occurs:

1.  Ideally in six months, but in no more than a year, their investment goes up to $100K, OR

2.  They know they can be replaced, with no hard feelings, if the fund gets full.  E.g. if I have 50 members already in a 50 member fund, and you are in at a $25K investment and a 51st person comes along, I will give you the opportunity to get to the minimum investment, or replace you.  I'll always give someone that opportunity before removing them.