SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Crazy ayzo
      I wanted to share yesterday's trade... especially for other newbies looking to try a few low value trades.  I've been buying Thursday straddles for the following day expiration.  I also bought an HD yesterday.  I think recent options are underpricing how much this crazy market has been moving on many Fridays.  If you want to try it, I suggest you buy a tight straddle.  I've lost on most of my thursday directional bets.  
      FYI.  The corresponding call is about to expire worthless, a loss of about $80.  It's approximately 100% return on a one day trade.  I should have gone big!

• By pboongird
      Hello all - I am new here and trying to set up a new option trading account so I can reduce the commission and fee which seems to be crucial to maximize your gain when trading with the SO strategy. Currently, after reading a few posts, I'm looking at either Tradier + ONE or + tradehawk. Now, I would be grateful if someone can share with me what would be the average number of contracts do you get to really transact on average (per month) for a 100k portfolio size so I can sign up with the right plan. Tradehawk has a current plan that if I trade more than 300 contracts per month, it would refund the $59 fee. Hence, I am wondering if I would be able to reach this threshold. I saw that the official SO trade are about 10-12 trades per months but the number of contracts is a big variable depending on the stock price and fill rate. I am also aware that bigger lot size could have a hard time getting order filled if blindly following the official trade. Can anyone share his/her experience? It would be great if you can give me a rough ratio of how much do you actually follow the official trades as well i.e. 500 contracts/month and about 50% of the time...