SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. TRY IT FREE!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Djtux

RV charts : Volatilityhq.com Official Thread

462 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, mustafaoe said:

@DjtuxIs there a documentation of the web services you provide? I am asking myself if it is possible to read the scanner results daily into a program?

The documentation is a bit limited. Most of the features have been implemented after being requested by some members in this thread. I recommended reading this thread. Are you looking for something specifically?

You can download the csv file from the scanner page and import that. There is no api at this moment.

1 hour ago, Djtux said:

The documentation is a bit limited. Most of the features have been implemented after being requested by some members in this thread. I recommended reading this thread. Are you looking for something specifically?

You can download the csv file from the scanner page and import that. There is no api at this moment.

Thx, I know, I am using the download as well. I was thinking to automize some of my activities. Therefore, the question regarding a web service. Do you plan to offer such stuff in future?

9 hours ago, mustafaoe said:

Therefore, the question regarding a web service. Do you plan to offer such stuff in future?

When you say web service, do you mean an API that you could call from your program?

There was bad data coming from the data provider for 2019-08-02 (yesterday).

As such, i need to reimport the data, clear the internal cache, and rebuild the calculations to make sure all the numbers are correct.

Expect a slower website this weekend as i resolve this.

Thank you.

Among all Volatilityhq features never paid attention to Ratio Calculator tab. I cannot figure out how numerical matrix after etry-exit matrix works out. Any help please. Am sure it is very usefull for something.

Djtux kindly impleme6my ratio calculation method with his historic data. So you can either bring it up in a table format or look at the larger table below it for all the crossings which by definition starts with the one with beat historic return.

So entry say d12 and ext de for a 60/90 delta ratio yields x%. The data on the actual values of the options are given because for more extreme deltas sometimes the mid price is unattainable.

12 minutes ago, zxcv64 said:

@Djtux, can you pls have a look at the 'Weekly options introduced....' value for AABA - this doesn't seem right?

Seems strange indeed.

The source i use is the OCC, and that's where the July 12th is coming from :

image.png

But you are right that they have disclaimer :

"This list is compiled from sources believed reliable, but certain Weeklys could be included in the list or omitted from the list in error. Also, changes in listing decisions by the exchanges may not be immediately known or reflected in the list. You should always check with your brokerage firm or an exchange directly if you have any questions about the availability of any particular Weekly Options Series."

3 minutes ago, Gen88 said:

@Djtux Do you have a trial for your service? Thanks!

Officially no there is no trial. You could subscribe 1 month and see how it goes. Note that my service is used my multiple members of this forum to place live trades and as such it has proven to be reliable. Making a single bad trade will probably make you lose more than the cost of 1 month.

Kind of the penny wise, pound foolish type of thinking.

However, from time to time i do make an exception to provide a trial if you have a specific feature you want to test.