SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. TRY IT FREE!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Kim

CMLviz Trade Machine

714 posts in this topic

I have signed up for this service as it does have some suitability for testing some basic strategies for beginners like myself. However there are lots of Error messages popping up with custom strategies. 

@Kim I signed up to this service but do not find it useful and wish to unsubscribe. Unfortunately, while you can sign up easily there does not seem to be any way you can cancel the subscription through the site and no contact details anywhere. Do you know how to unsubscribe? Alternatively, do you have an email address I can contact?

Edited by koba

34 minutes ago, koba said:

@Kim I signed up to this service but do not find it useful and wish to unsubscribe. Unfortunately, while you can sign up easily there does not seem to be any way you can cancel the subscription through the site and no contact details anywhere. Do you know how to unsubscribe? Alternatively, do you have an email address I can contact?

I'm sure you are not the first one who wants to cancel (although it would really be beyond my understanding why would someone want to cancel the best backtesting software in the world), so I'm sure there is a way to do it. 

14 minutes ago, TrustyJules said:

support@cmlviz.com - I was also subscribed and cancelled because like you I found the value add lacking BUT their service and communications were always prompt and not problematic. They will unsubscribe you very quickly.

Many thanks. Much appreciated

14 minutes ago, Kim said:

..... it would really be beyond my understanding why would someone want to cancel the best backtesting software in the world...

Well, the answer is not particularly deep. The fact of the matter is that I did not find the service particularly useful for my own trading needs and have now built my own backtesting / predictive analysis tools that are a better fit for me. Consequently, I no longer need the service. I have no particular criticism of the service and I can see why others might find it useful.

1 hour ago, tribalblu said:

I have found numerous bugs that i have reported  and i just found another today. sigh... I'm not sure how much backtest data is still valid after my recent discovery. 

I don't usually peep up on this board but that last statement is inaccurate. Virtually every time someone thinks they found "a bug," it turns out that it's user error.

I agree with @Ophir Gottlieb I have been using the tool for about 2 years now, each time I thought I found a bug I contacted their customer service and it turned out to be something in my configuration. Customer support has been really good. New features are being added all the time.

I think at current prices, it's a bargain. I wouldn't be surprised to see the price double.

2 hours ago, Ophir Gottlieb said:

I don't usually peep up on this board but that last statement is inaccurate. Virtually every time someone thinks they found "a bug," it turns out that it's user error.

Ophir, I really appreciate the service you provide and I am in no way talking down your service. I have previously contacted email support about this and they have acknowledged the issue. Could you look into the Options Expiry dates that falls on Saturdays and those where the back test closes days after contract expiry.

Also I am lazy to send an email to support again but there is an issue with the *custom* strategy. If you have tried replicating a strangle for example using the custom, and compare that with the *Strangle* preset, the results are different. After looking into it , the bug was found to be that it chooses the wrong strike price for the Delta i chose.

Sorry, it is Call and Put spreads that have this problem and also not all companies are affected by this bug. For example AAPL has this issue but GOOGL is fine.

21 minutes ago, tribalblu said:

Also I am lazy to send an email to support again but there is an issue with the *custom* strategy. If you have tried replicating a strangle for example using the custom, and compare that with the *Strangle* preset, the results are different. After looking into it , the bug was found to be that it chooses the wrong strike price for the Delta i chose.

On 4/19/2017 at 7:53 PM, Ophir Gottlieb said:

What's Coming Next
In the next month we will be making an even larger upgrade:

1. Intra-day prices for stop losses and limits
We will use intraday prices to see if stops and limits are triggered

2. Custom strategies
Create and save your own custom strategies (up to 4 legs)
This enables calendars, butterflies, ratios, and more

3. Dollar denominated spreads
If you don't like deltas, use dollar spreads (e.g.: test a $5 wide call spread in Apple)

4. More history
We will be adding a fourth and fifth year of history to the back-tester

May I ask what is the progress for #1 and #3? As far as I know I don't see these being implemented. I am seeing a lot of losing trades that the loss is beyond my stoploss limit because they are based on EOD price. No way to change to dollar denominated spread either.