SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Kim

CMLviz Trade Machine

790 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Kim said:

Please Join us on Wednesday Sep 6, 2017 7:00 PM Eastern Time (ET) for CMLviz Trade Machine Webinarhosted by Ophir Gottlieb, CEO & Co-founder of Capital Market Laboratories (CML). 

Click Here to Register

We just closed FB Iron Condor trade for 30.1% gain. This trade was based on The Volatility Option Trade After Earnings in Facebook post. Thank you Ophir!

Would you like to find more trades like this one?

There's a lot less luck to successful option trading than many people realize. Discover the power of applying science to your options trading.The results are simply staggering. This is a hands on, open book look at trade discovery -- one in which attendees will leave with a massively improved view of option trading, trade discovery and success rates. Capital Market Laboratories will open up the learning engine behind the Trade Machine for the first time -- and it will remain open forever.

For a limited time, CMLviz Trade Machine is offered to SteadyOptions members at 30% discount.  

Click Here to Sign Up

Why do I get a message that I do not have access to purchase this item when I enter from this screen ? I went in at another area and got it for $69 just wondering if I missed the 30% discount by not entering here.

4 minutes ago, CRB said:

Why do I get a message that I do not have access to purchase this item when I enter from this screen ? I went in at another area and got it for $69 just wondering if I missed the 30% discount by not entering here.

email support@cmlviz.com and mention Steady Options, plz.

11 minutes ago, siddharth310584 said:

Where is the link to the $69 promotion ?

I am a regular member and just see the BackTest and Discovery tabs

email support@cmlviz.com.com so you don't end up with two subscriptions, but here is the pro version, and you can tell them that you signed up and wish to get a refund and cancel the $49/mo standard version.

Steady Options special price is here: https://cmlviz.com/register/steadyoptions-cml-trademachine-pro/ 

8 minutes ago, siddharth310584 said:

I am very confused on how to read this table. It shows entries for sept 5th which appears to be the future ? I would pay a lot lot more for future testing :)

CML.png

Looks like the next trading day which is 5th Tuesday. 

22 minutes ago, siddharth310584 said:

I am very confused on how to read this table. It shows entries for sept 5th which appears to be the future ? I would pay a lot lot more for future testing :)

Are you coming from the future, hehe ?

Please tell me on what i should bet !

On 9/1/2017 at 9:17 AM, Ophir Gottlieb said:

Pro Scanner is up, friends. Sorry for the slightly bungled upgrade process!

Total newbie here.   I subscribed to the Trade Machine and would like to upgrade to the Pro version.  Do you have a form for that?  All I can find is the link to subscribe for $69, which is fine for me, but do you offer an upgrade price?   Thanks, Bruce

1 hour ago, wineguy said:

Total newbie here.   I subscribed to the Trade Machine and would like to upgrade to the Pro version.  Do you have a form for that?  All I can find is the link to subscribe for $69, which is fine for me, but do you offer an upgrade price?   Thanks, Bruce

We just added this to the top of the discounted Pro page:

NOTE: If you are currently a standard version member ($49/mo) and want to upgrade for access to Pro and this discounted price, please do the following:
1. Sign up below for the Pro version ($69 / mo).
2. Email support@cmlviz.com and tell us so we can cancel your $49/mo membership and refund a month if necessary. (Don’t forget to e-mail us, we don't want you to be double billed!)

@Ophir Gottlieb,

is there a video on how to build up a portfolio around these so that I can spread out the strategies so I'm not all long call going into earnings for example. Also, need them for various time periods since most  the tech earnings are clustered, the portfolio wont be invested a majority of the time.

Just subscribed and have a newbie question regarding deltas.

Deltas for calls above 50 mean strikes in the money, and deltas bellow 50 mean strikes out of the money. The same for puts.

Do I understand it correctly?

22 minutes ago, IgorK said:

Just subscribed and have a newbie question regarding deltas.

Deltas for calls above 50 mean strikes in the money, and deltas bellow 50 mean strikes out of the money. The same for puts.

Do I understand it correctly?

Yes, exactly.  You can read about deltas from our Discover Tab:

delta 
What Delta is and Why it Matters 
Delta is a measure of probability -- and that makes it everything to option traders.

3 hours ago, siddharth310584 said:

@Ophir Gottlieb,

is there a video on how to build up a portfolio around these so that I can spread out the strategies so I'm not all long call going into earnings for example. Also, need them for various time periods since most  the tech earnings are clustered, the portfolio wont be invested a majority of the time.

Start at 17:15 here: 

Does the backtest depend on when I try it. For example if I set 30 day expirations, will it now take expirations near the end of the month vs if I did it more towards the monthly expirations, it would take the monthly expirations ? Wont results differ based on that ?

the reason I am asking is that I am trying to get the backtest of this link:

http://www.cmlviz.com/cmld3b/index.php?number=11376&app=news&cml_article_id=20170329_the-key-to-alphabet-inc-stock-is-not-that-it-goes-up-but-that-it-doesnt-go-down&source=TM_insights

and I cant seem to repro it and I think its because the expirations it picked are different.

Edited by siddharth310584

Also, in the scanner, when I set the backtest length to 2 years and then look for fb, I don't see the iron condor show up. The one that has a win rate of 92%. Why does that not show up ?

One other thing, is there a way to filter to liquid options. Most of the results I see are for very illiquid options nad low stock prices so I want to filter those out since we really cant trade them.

Edited by siddharth310584

@Ophir Gottlieb

I am truly enjoying this software! It really is like Christmas, playing around with all the possibilities.

Here is a question concerning the strategy from your article on Oracle issued 9/3/2017.  Can you explain the logic of  limiting the gain to 40% on this particular strategy? Here is the before with 40% gain limit and the after with "0" gain limit:

8Aa7STNSB3syoAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

DtWD8TVd97AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

As you can see the benefits returned are greater when no gain limit is set. 

Thank you!

Edited by Mary
picture is not clear

Enjoyed the webinar a lot 

but so far I only see Kim implemented one of the many possible strategies. The FB iron condor. Will we have more ? :)

also wondering if the members would like to share some of the profitable and good trade ideas from the tool (e.g. In the unofficial trade section). Would be helpful :) 

Thanks guys for posting the URL. Finally had time to watch the webinar and it was very informative.

Got a little bit confused with scanner's post-earning buttons. Initially thought that 7/21/30 days post-earnings meant to open position after x days. After looking at scanner results realized that it actually closing the position before x days.

One question regarding opening position x days after earnings: it depends if company reports earnings before open or after close. Correct? If it is before open - the same day, after close - next day.

Just now, IgorK said:

Thanks guys for posting the URL. Finally had time to watch the webinar and it was very informative.

Got a little bit confused with scanner's post-earning buttons. Initially thought that 7/21/30 days post-earnings meant to open position after x days. After looking at scanner results realized that it actually closing the position before x days.

One question regarding opening position x days after earnings: it depends if company reports earnings before open or after close. Correct? If it is before open - the same day, after close - next day.

Just count calendar days, irrespective of when earnings were released.

I know we are mostly selling pre-earnings and try non-directional. I was playing with TM and looks like short put spread works very well for KR: http://tm.cmlviz.com/index.php?share_key=s_0_20170828045117_0zzRU8BhiquCfF2P

Did anyone try it before?

KR reported on September 8.  Do I understand it correctly: buy(or sell?) short put spread on Tuesday options with expiration in a month?

It says "Short KR, Put + Stops/Limits" but there are no limits in "Close Trade When" boxes.

Edited by IgorK

1 hour ago, IgorK said:

I know we are mostly selling pre-earnings and try non-directional. I was playing with TM and looks like short put spread works very well for KR: http://tm.cmlviz.com/index.php?share_key=s_0_20170828045117_0zzRU8BhiquCfF2P

Did anyone try it before?

KR reported on September 8.  Do I understand it correctly: buy(or sell?) short put spread on Tuesday options with expiration in a month?

It says "Short KR, Put + Stops/Limits" but there are no limits in "Close Trade When" boxes.

The directional trades have been very successful for me using trade machine. I think we are in a bull market so a lot of long strategies such as selling puts/put spreads and buying calls/call spreads have been working. I like to mix some directional trades with the SO long/short vega - delta neutral trades.    

Thank you for the recomondations (Discover tab).

I made a double landslide on CBOE because I sold put spreads AND bought call spreads.

I got into ORCL , long calls 50 delta on Friday,and it is exploding.

Triple digit returns on both.

I also did another one but I can't remember which one at the moment as I have a LOT going on on my own.

2 hours ago, cuegis said:

Thank you for the recomondations (Discover tab).

I made a double landslide on CBOE because I sold put spreads AND bought call spreads.

I got into ORCL , long calls 50 delta on Friday,and it is exploding.

Triple digit returns on both.

I also did another one but I can't remember which one at the moment as I have a LOT going on on my own.

Wasn't the ORCL suggestion to be 3 days before ? With earnings on sept 14, wasn't the suggestion to open today ? Or did you open coz Friday was a down day

3 minutes ago, siddharth310584 said:

Wasn't the ORCL suggestion to be 3 days before ? With earnings on sept 14, wasn't the suggestion to open today ? Or did you open coz Friday was a down day

Yes, the down day was part of it.

I also have found that , with so many of the findings that come from the scanner, you do not have to always do it EXACTLY the same way it is described.

There is some room for adding your own experience to what you are looking at.

I use it as a guide, and then sort of make it into my own thing.

I also tested the Oracle trade as indicated by the Trade Machine as a possible “winner”: Long Call @ 40 Delta, open 3 days before earnings, Expiration:7 days .

Entered this morning and now it is almost up 18%.

it will be interesting to see how  this trade turns out.

I enjoyed the webinar and am a definite customer but a little tied up right now to really dive deep into the scanner and put to use.  how long will the steady options promotion be available as I don't want to miss it?

Also will the scanner work from a mobile device or is it best ran on a PC with a solid internet connection not 4G service?

The Oracle trade I entered (see previous post) on 9/11, automatically ended today for I had set the “Risk Management” to close the trade when gain is above 40% as suggested by Ophir in his article. It had one more day to play out; however, I am pleased to be conservative and take the gain now. @Ophir GottliebThank you to Ophir for your outstanding  suggestions.

@KimAnd, “Thank You” to Kim for this fantastic forum; it is a rich treasury of ideas. 

It is priceless! Oops. I shouldn’t have said that; you might raise the subscription price.