SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. TRY IT FREE!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Kim

Tradier Brokerage Special Offer

619 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, vnr111 said:

Did anyone else get this fee?

This is the case for me also.  Very early on with the free commission plan they absorbed these fees but started passing them to the customer at some point.  I got a more polite response when I asked but there isn't anything you can do.  $0.10-0.11/contract still isn't bad.

Is there a way to see the live bid/ask spread while monitoring orders in Tradier? I've been using their web browser interface. The bid/ask spread shows up in the preview but once you submit the order it disappears. But even then it's different from what I see in IB. In effect, I had to submit a deliberately low buy order in IB to see the true prices there and then I would enter the desired price in Tradier.

7 hours ago, agsb said:

Is there a way to see the live bid/ask spread while monitoring orders in Tradier? I've been using their web browser interface. The bid/ask spread shows up in the preview but once you submit the order it disappears. But even then it's different from what I see in IB. In effect, I had to submit a deliberately low buy order in IB to see the true prices there and then I would enter the desired price in Tradier.

I also only see it when I hit "preview".

The web interface for Tradier is pretty rudimentary - its good enough if youre in a pinch.

I think most people on here who use Tradier, use Tradehawk.

I sent in an application Monday night, account was approved and open for funding Tuesday around noon. (However, I am US-based so YMMV.)

I am also planning to transfer a big chunk of my tastyworks margin account to Tradier. Note that tastyworks lists a fee of $75 for ACAT transfer-out (probably per transfer per account), so I'm planning on liquidating a bunch of positions and do the transfer in cash via my bank account using ACH. (Again, US-based so this route may not be easy/fast/possible for you.) Another issue is ACAT might take a few days and they lock down your positions (if you transfer in-kind) until the transfer is completed and only then you can manage them on the receiving brokerage. I don't want to have to end up bagholding some unmanageable position for days or weeks (ran into this situation before with another brokerage-to-brokerage direct transfer).

Note that if you want to transfer your (Roth) IRA between brokerages you would have to fork over the ACAT transfer-out fee due to contribution/withdrawal penalties/limits. (Only relevant for those who worked in the US before and have one.)

Note that Tradier only allows a single 10K via ACH . 

I submitted multiple 10K ACH transfers over the span of weeks but they kept canceling them saying 10K max total is allowed even after I told them I dont mind waiting 10-20 business days for them to clear.  I was forced to wire in funds.

On 11/27/2019 at 12:34 PM, Bull3t007 said:

Anyone using the Tradehawk platform that is able to use the android app? Mine directly crashes after authenthicating.

I can use the Tradehawk android app. However, it seems totally useless. It appears to be impossible to change the price of an existing order. Unlike with their browser interface Dash, you cannot select existing positions to close them. Next month I'm dropping Tradehawk and going back to using pure Tradier.

10 minutes ago, agsb said:

I can use the Tradehawk android app. However, it seems totally useless. It appears to be impossible to change the price of an existing order. Unlike with their browser interface Dash, you cannot select existing positions to close them. Next month I'm dropping Tradehawk and going back to using pure Tradier.

Thats a real bummer, I hope they will fix this. I still can't open the app. Even the tradier dashboard via mobile gives me errors sometimes when modifying orders. I was out last night and had to guess whether I would be able to close the DOCU trade. I enjoy the low commision but they really have to step up their mobile game if they want to stay competitive. 

How is everyone liking the Tradier/Tradehawk combo? I'm a long-time IB customer, and I really like IB in almost all respects, but I must admit that the prospect of saving so much on commissions is tantalizing. At the same time, I'm willing to pay more in commissions for a better product. So I'd be curious to hear the thoughts of folks who are currently using Tradier, especially if you've also used IB at some point and can compare the two.

I have used IB, but switched to TW and am currently using Tradier/Tradehawk and TW. If you travel a lot and need mobile access, I would probably avoid Tradier, the tradehawk mobile app is nowhere near as intuitive and easy to use as either the IB or TW versions. The desktop app is actually not bad, although the IB version is much better. 

I'm using IB and Tradier. For a month I had the Tradier/Tradehawk combo but didn't find the Tradehawk platform worth paying extra $50. The mobile app is useless. The desktop pp looks decent but in practice it's not better than the web interface (Dash) for my purposes. I run Tradier in a browser on my phone, more or less the same as on the desktop.

The main problem with Tradier is that I cannot see the "true" bid/ask spread when I place an order. The bid/ask spread in IB is tighter and appears to be more real. So, before I place any order with Tradier I enter it first in IB (with, say, buy $0.01 order) to be able to see the spread and the last price. Then I enter and subsequently modify the order in Tradier by consulting IB. After the order is executed, I keep the $0.01 version of this order in IB to track its performance and to have an idea at which point to close the position in Tradier.

It's a bit cumbersome but less than it appears.

Thanks, @CJ912 and @agsb. Very helpful.

I do travel and trade mobile a lot, so it sounds like this may not be the best option for me. That is one area where IB really stands out positively (I personally do not like TW's mobile app as much, but it may be that I just don't have the hang of it fully yet). @agsb, does Tradier run fairly well in a browser on your phone? 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.