SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Edwin

TWS Market Data Connection from work

I've posted multiple times that I use WebTrader from work, and I have limited access to TWS from work.  I'm able to login to get to the primary connection (cdc1.iblc.com) for my account, portfolio, and orders, but any market data is blocked.  

Someone suggested setting up a VM in the cloud to get access, and I tried setting up VPN to my home, but that is blocked from work as well.  And I tried finding a proxy server as well, to no avail.  My only other option is enable 4G hotspot from my cell phone in order to connect.  I can get market data from TOS from work, so it's not that big of a deal to see a bunch of "?" in TWS, but can anyone think or any other workarounds to be able to get market data in TWS?  I could always just switch between webtrader and TWS.  I'm surprised I'm able to get market data in webtrader from work though.

Thanks

Edited by Edwin