SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

SeanM

SCTY Calendar

I entered a 3 week double calendar using the $56 and $56.5 calls (long August monthly, short July wk5) at $0.75 and $0.73, respectively.

Earnings are 7/29 AC

Previously, we paid:

• $0.80–$0.85 per spread for a 2 week calendar in October 2014 (exited for 27% gain)
  • $1.15–$1.20 per spread for a 4 week calendar in February 2015 (broke even)

In each instance, stock price was nearly identical to what it is at present.

Edited by SeanM

Yes, I considered this trade. But we already have too many calendars, and BIDU looked very cheap as well. But I would be interested to see the outcome.

Exited both legs today @ $0.86 and $0.90.  19% gain before commissions, 14% after.

It is being a nice winner so far. Good call Sean.

I have the 55 call calendar, in at 0.75,  The mid got above 0.95 in the last hour today.  I've got a GTC in for 1.00, see how it goes from here.

I have the 55 call calendar, in at 0.75,  The mid got above 0.95 in the last hour today.  I've got a GTC in for 1.00, see how it goes from here.

Just closed the SCTY 55 call calendar for 0.99.  After some of the losing calendars this cycle, nice to get a 32% gain (28% after commissions).

Just closed the SCTY 55 call calendar for 0.99.  After some of the losing calendars this cycle, nice to get a 32% gain (28% after commissions).

Exited 55 @1.00 credit and 52.5 @.92 for 25% gain

Nice!  After a few of our calendars lost value in the final days, I was certainly a bit too quick to cut the rope on this one.

Nice!  After a few of our calendars lost value in the final days, I was certainly a bit too quick to cut the rope on this one.

Thx for the headsup on the trade!