SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Nevermind

March SteadyOptions vs. Live Returns

Hi guys, 

there is always a discussion about if its possible to replicate the Steady Options results. I am a quite new member about 1.5 month or so. I already made some bad mistakes and had to learn.

I thought it could be helpful to show my results against SteadyOption results. Just to make it clear.

post-2252-0-34577200-1428323742_thumb.pn

The big tracking errors were mostly my fault. For instance TIF I payed 1.467 total whereas Kim only payed 1.35. I payed almost 9% more. So I need to be more careful not to chase the trade to much or to find cheaper alternatives.

All in all I will try to do better going forward. Most tracking error were my faults where I tried to chase the price. I keep you guys updated. 

• Upvote 1

Do you returns include commissions? Our published returns don't. You also missing few trades (I assume they were opened before you joined). SPY/TLT April combo was closed for 11.2% gain, not 22.9%.

I believe over time you will learn to get better fills and know better what are good prices to enter. Some trades are consistent winners, and sometimes are worth to pay slightly more (TIF is not one of them).

Hi Kim,

absolutely right. I have to learn how to get better fills. I am responsible for my own results. I don't include commissions. SPY/TLT are showing as individual positions. I did not aggregate them after exporting from ONE. I believe SPY made loss whereas TLT wins. I used all the trades you were posting on your performance site 7 in total.