SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Gary

Latest Thoughts on Sheridan Mentoring / OptionNET?

Hi all. I'm just curious about your opinion of Sheridan Mentoring, esp. for those of you who use the service. I hear they are changing the pricing structure to include a $300 annual fee (in addition to the ~$6K initial fee) to access the resources of the service. Still worth it?

Also, I'm curious about thoughts on OptionNET Explorer software. It seems really nice... thinking of signing up for a trial. I've heard OptionVue also has a nice backtester but wow the pricing for that product is really complex and I'm not sure if it's any better than OptionNET.

I'd be interested what you find out.  I've always hoped for a tool for example, help you find the best calendar strikes and dates, find vol discrepancies, or help you understand skew.

Makes me think that those of us who are software development inclined should start a group for developing our own tool(s).

Hi all,

I had been using OptionVue6 for a while during a course on options in which the teacher was commercial representative of OV for my country too and I must say that the product seems to be quite useful although the pricing is absolutly nuts.

Now I'm using ONE since september it works fine and is very easy to run, if you have account with thinkorswim or interactive brokers, the linkage to get real time data works fine, ONE provides data of the option chain of a lot of US stocks and index in lapses of 5 minutes of the last 3 years, if you need dive deeper you will have only end of day data of the options chains .

Up to the moment the only drawbacks I see is,

1.- I'm used to adjust my options trades in indexes with their corresponding etf, for speed and ease of filling of the orders when it were necessary, and it is not possible to study hybrid positions (index and etf together)

2.- It is not possible send orders from ONE to my broker

Although, they say they are working on both issues.

For someone who want's to improve in their option trading strategies I find it indispensable from my point of view.

For whatever question you might have you can contact http://optionnetexplorer.helpserve.com or send a email to "Support@OptionNETExplorer.com" <Support@OptionNETExplorer.com>; they answer quickly and kindly.

Best regards

Tony

I'd be interested what you find out.  I've always hoped for a tool for example, help you find the best calendar strikes and dates, find vol discrepancies, or help you understand skew.

Makes me think that those of us who are software development inclined should start a group for developing our own tool(s).

You should look at LiveVol. They have the best tool for IV skew.

I have been using OptionNetExplorer for less then a month. While much of the information can be obtained in TOS Analyze tab, the ability to see impacts to a position from adjustments, as well as being able to see the Greeks of the position at various stock prices, is very cool.  I most likely will be signing up for the software.

"I have been using OptionNetExplorer for less then a month. While much of the information can be obtained in TOS Analyze tab, the ability to see impacts to a position from adjustments, as well as being able to see the Greeks of the position at various stock prices, is very cool.  I most likely will be signing up for the software".

Thanks for sharing your experience. How do you see the impact on your position?  Can you download the information from your broker into the ONE software?  Or do you have to enter them manually to monitor your positions?  Thanks.

I think one of the biggest advantages of ONE software is access to historical data in 5 minutes intervals. Most other providers would charge extra for historical data, with ONE it is included in the price. You can get a live data feed from TOS, IB, TradeMonster or OptionHouse. You can monitor positions, see the impact of the Greeks, see how your position would look at any given day from now till expiration and see how IV changes will impact it. You can try to adjust the trade and see the impact on the same chart compared to the current position.

It is very powerful tool and in terms of value for money, hard to beat.

I also like the ONE software. It's really easy and intuitive to model positions and perform risk analysis. It's missing some basic things like option price charts but to be fair it is a fairly new product and I'm sure they will be steadily adding features. My trial runs out in a few days and I'll likely renew for 6 months.

Although I've heard good things about the mentoring, I've decided to skip that for now... taking some of that $6K and investing it in other resources like ONE and the historical option data service that dbh21 mentioned (historicaloptiondata.com).