SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Tidji

Puts and Calls volumes

Hi all,
Where can i or how can i find real time volumes for long and short PUTS and  for long and short CALLS ?
I 'm not sure it's avaible on Interactive Broker TWS plateform.
An idea ?

Thanks

6 minutes ago, Tidji said:

Hi all,
Where can i or how can i find real time volumes for long and short PUTS and  for long and short CALLS ?
I 'm not sure it's avaible on Interactive Broker TWS plateform.
An idea ?

Thanks

IB TWS lets you configure what values are shown in it's option chain display, there are many to choose from.    Right click in the header area of the Options Chain display, then click on "Configure Options Chains"

Thanks but could you share a screenshot of the result . I did find how the display volumes of short put, long put, short call and long call.

1 hour ago, Tidji said:

Thanks but could you share a screenshot of the result . I did find how the display volumes of short put, long put, short call and long call.

Do this to get to the options chain configuration..

image.thumb.png.f2d531ca6ab545cd30cc90995bb866a9.png

This will bring up the configuration window.  Expand "High/Low/Volume/History" in the Available Columns area, then select "Volume", then click on "Add".   Finally, click the "Apply" button.

image.png.0debd22f5619cf0e379f0a991740eb91.png

You can see the volume traded for puts and calls, but it doesn't make sense to distinguish long from short. Every trade has 2 sides - one side will be long and one side will be short.

If your intent is to figure out what the non-market-maker is trading, then you may be able to look at the traded price relative to the bid/ask spread.