SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Reachnikhil123

Suggestion Needed on getting started with anchor trades

hi Kim and other mentors,

After going thru forums I could see SPY roll up for current members but could not find instructions for new users to start with current state of SPY and other index funds. Could I get some guidance to get started on 100K portfolio for anchor trades

Thanks

Those are all really helpful threads but the problem I find is that there are so many posts as one of them I think is almost 400 messages. Ideally there would be a concise fixed updated document to read. It's a bit overwhelming when new to read through and sort everything out. Forunately Chris is responsive to questions but I think I would have less if it was easier to understand everything. Thank you. 

18 minutes ago, Aspen said:

Those are all really helpful threads but the problem I find is that there are so many posts as one of them I think is almost 400 messages. Ideally there would be a concise fixed updated document to read. It's a bit overwhelming when new to read through and sort everything out. Forunately Chris is responsive to questions but I think I would have less if it was easier to understand everything. Thank you. 

As an Anchor Trades subscriber, you have access to both the Anchor Discussions and Anchor Trades forums. If you look in Anchor Discussions forum, the pinned topic second from the top is titled "How to start a Leveraged Anchor Portfolio". The first post in that topic lays out step-by-step exactly how to start a new Anchor portfolio. I think Kim is trying to politely say that your question suggests you didn't really even look around before asking (See screenshot).

levanchor.png

Edited by greenspan76
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, greenspan76 said:

As an Anchor Trades subscriber, you have access to both the Anchor Discussions and Anchor Trades forums. If you look in Anchor Discussions forum, the pinned topic second from the top is titled "How to start a Leveraged Anchor Portfolio". The first post in that topic lays out step-by-step exactly how to start a new Anchor portfolio. I think Kim is trying to politely say that your question suggests you didn't really even look around before asking (See screenshot).

levanchor.png

Kim wasn't replying to me. He was replying to someone else. I have read the section you circled and the nearly 400 comments in the thread. I was just making the suggestion that its a bit daunting as you feel you need to read all the comments which is very time conmsuming. Doubt there would be so many comments if it was crystal clear. That and while many may breeze through it and grasp everything quickly I did not find it easy as a new subscriber. I did however find Chris helpful. I was just trying to offer some sincere and constructively intended feedback. 

4 minutes ago, Aspen said:

Kim wasn't replying to me. He was replying to someone else. I have read the section you circled and the nearly 400 comments in the thread. I was just making the suggestion that its a bit daunting as you feel you need to read all the comments which is very time conmsuming. Doubt there would be so many comments if it was crystal clear. That and while many may breeze through it and grasp everything quickly I did not find it easy as a new subscriber. I did however find Chris helpful. I was just trying to offer some sincere and constructively intended feedback. 

Those are ongoing discussions on a topic that started 5 years ago. It's only natural to have many comments, but I believe the first post has all the necessary information to start. If you believe the first post can be improved to have a better description, just contact Chris, I'm sure he will be more than willing to help, as long as the questions don't fall into personal financial advice category.

Hi Kim, I am not complaining just have empathy for a new user. Chris has been responsive and very helpful. I am sure you do it for a reason but I kind of feel like the order of the comments might be better if reversed so you are reading from the lastest to oldest just in terms of relavency. I am sure I don't have any ideas you haven't already heard but will put some thought into it and pass any I think of on to Chris. Thank you and have a great weekend!