SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

mbrandau2018

TOS Watchlist Positions

Anyone here an expert with ThinkorSwim? I know you can manually add groups on the Monitor tab. But I place my positions and interest stuff in a custom watchlist so everything is in 1 place. If you have a spread position, it lists the position as each leg of the position. If I bought something at 5.50, I want to know what it is currently without doing math all the time, or going to the monitor tab. Any clue how to merge the positions into 1 on the watchlist?

image.png

5 minutes ago, mbrandau2018 said:

Anyone here an expert with ThinkorSwim? I know you can manually add groups on the Monitor tab. But I place my positions and interest stuff in a custom watchlist so everything is in 1 place. If you have a spread position, it lists the position as each leg of the position. If I bought something at 5.50, I want to know what it is currently without doing math all the time, or going to the monitor tab. Any clue how to merge the positions into 1 on the watchlist?

You should probably use the monitor tab instead of the watch list. Set up the monitor tab to show groups, which show you the spread as you opened it, along with the individual legs under that.

Edited by rasar

On 6/18/2024 at 4:02 PM, rasar said:

You should probably use the monitor tab instead of the watch list. Set up the monitor tab to show groups, which show you the spread as you opened it, along with the individual legs under that.

I appreciate your help. I followed these directions. It's not what I prefer but it works for now and gives me the info I need. I am a Controller for a textile company and set up my accounting dashboard with everything I need to see, top level, with the ability to drill down if needed. That's how I treat my trading platform. I prefer not to go tab to tab to tab. But this works. Thank you.

13 hours ago, mbrandau2018 said:

I appreciate your help. I followed these directions. It's not what I prefer but it works for now and gives me the info I need. I am a Controller for a textile company and set up my accounting dashboard with everything I need to see, top level, with the ability to drill down if needed. That's how I treat my trading platform. I prefer not to go tab to tab to tab. But this works. Thank you.

I hear you. I use ONE for my actual monitoring, because it keeps track of the cost basis properly - accounting for any adjustments, unlike ToS, and you can group the trades any way you like.

You can actually type in a sort of formula in the watchlist to monitor the price of an option spread. In this screen shot see where I put in the formula for a vertical put spread. Sold a 6/28 52 put and bought a 6/28 50 put.

So I just subtract the value of the 50 put from the 52 put. Then once this is in your watchlist you can associate it to show up in all other views.

image.png

58 minutes ago, Yobryan said:

You can actually type in a sort of formula in the watchlist to monitor the price of an option spread. In this screen shot see where I put in the formula for a vertical put spread. Sold a 6/28 52 put and bought a 6/28 50 put.

So I just subtract the value of the 50 put from the 52 put. Then once this is in your watchlist you can associate it to show up in all other views.

image.png

Bingo, that's it. Much appreciated