SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Brie

Trade Execution Service

Hi Everyone,

This is the second time I have signed up and paper trading, however I am located in Australia and the markets are open for us in the middle of the night. 

So when I wake up the trade is mostly not the same. Its just not possible to make the same trades.

Does anyone know of companies/services that will fulfill these trades?

Its sad as I really want to trade it though I have to cancel my membership if this cant happen. I am sure someone in the amount of people and time that this has been going for has a solution?

TYIA :)

We have members from 45 countries, including Australia, Singapore, Japan, New Zeeland and more. They manage to trade and make good gains even from different time zones. But they treat SO as an educational resource and trading ideas generator, not an alert service.

In most cases it is possible to get similar or better prices with some patience hours after the trade was posted or even the next day. Here is a list of topics where better pricing was available for entry, exit or both.  

What you are asking for is auto trading. We mentioned many times the risks of auto trading and why we won't do it, I recommend reading All You Need To Know About Auto-Trading But some people like to learn the hard way.. Maybe sticking around for more than just a few days would help to understand what SO is and what it isn't..

Thanks Kim,

I reached out to Lorintine Capital though they only work with accounts with $100k minimum.

If anyone has an option though dont want to share publicly, just pm me.

And there is plently of managed funds, not sure what the apprehention not just using a service if its through a licenced adivisor as there is many in the US?

Maybe people in the Australia/Asia timezone can let me know how they go or what needs to be done to get the fills?

With regards to "better pricing" you just added the search operator "better pricing" to the forum not a link to how people who cant trade in US market hours how this needs to be modified.

Its great your an educational resource! Maybe you can give all of us in the non US timezones specific information on how to deal with this?

Of course there are plenty of managed funds, but your question was about SO, not just general funds.

The link shows a list of trades where you could get a better pricing after the trade was entered, sometimes hours or the next day, which makes the timezone less critical. And the simple truth is that even if you executed only 30% of our trades, you would still do better than 99% of all traders and fund managers..

We teach people how to trade and become more independent on a continuous basis. But you need to be willing to learn. If you quit after few days/weeks, obviously you cannot learn.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink

Thanks for your reply Kim, 

Firstly I have been trading options since 2006, so I am not a beginner. Nor am I the kind of person that needs to be spoon fed. I am Founder/CEO of a multinational company another reason I am time poor. 

In saying that that, as you mentioned there is people trading in over 45 countries. Wouldn't be nice to compile information to ensure people like us maximum success?

I know what you offer is real though this is direct feedback on why people churn before reaching the point of success. I work in the online space and understand your making good cash from this service so maybe make the information more to the point to accelerate the process more?

I am more than happy to offer my services to make the education portion of this process more refined and to what education in this market expects in this day. 

I am not having a go here, I am sincerely offering feedback on a new user and reading around online it's a common theme. In doing so you will find that more people stick around, be successful and inturn you benefit more too 😊

Dear @Brie

I'm always open to a constructive feedback. People churn from different reasons, one of them is lack of time and lack of willingness to invest time. Some people don't even bother to read their welcome email.. We always say and repeat that the service requires time and effort. and yes, we don't spoon feed our members, but it has to be a two way street. Following forum topics and discussions, asking questions is the best way to utilize the service (I see that you are not following ANY of the topics and none of the contributors, which is the most basic thing you should do to get timely updates).

So if you have concrete suggestions, I'm more than willing to listen.

As a side note, how much I'm making from the service is not really your concern (same as it's not my concern how much you are making from your business).

Great!

I will leave my feedback to you in private.In saying that because I havent followed any threads doesnt mean I havent consumed a bunch of content on here in the times I have subscribed.

And yes how much you make from the service is important as users of your service should get a better educational experience for the revenue geneated by it and how long its been around. Many other options courses are cheaper and offer a faster way to learn, that being said they dont have the results to back up thier strategies. Hence me asking for my needs publicy in this forum as I do want to get to the level needed to make my own decisions in trading, though I dont feel that I should have to trawl through years of forum threads to get information, that isnt a concise way to get people past the many hurdle they will face before being successful.

You could simply hire a content/course manager, I am sure many in this group would raise their hands to help to get newbies up and going faster with a revised content delivery process.

Insert other media

23 hours ago, Brie said:

Hi Everyone,

This is the second time I have signed up and paper trading, however I am located in Australia and the markets are open for us in the middle of the night. 

So when I wake up the trade is mostly not the same. Its just not possible to make the same trades.

Does anyone know of companies/services that will fulfill these trades?

Its sad as I really want to trade it though I have to cancel my membership if this cant happen. I am sure someone in the amount of people and time that this has been going for has a solution?

TYIA :)

The trade is sometimes not the same 15mn after official or remains almost level for days. Your problem is the same that we all cope with to a degree, options are fast moving financial instruments so it is tricky not to be around when the trade occurs. I cannot count the number of times I have adapted positions to the new realities. Nevertheless the calendars, RICs and Iron Condors as well as more generally trades that have a longer period to go before closing/expiry/earnings give more opportunities. The trickiest ones are one day straddle/strangles which by definition need fairly swift action and that must be adapted if the market moved since the opening.

9 minutes ago, Brie said:

Great!

I will leave my feedback to you in private.In saying that because I havent followed any threads doesnt mean I havent consumed a bunch of content on here in the times I have subscribed.

And yes how much you make from the service is important as users of your service should get a better educational experience for the revenue geneated by it and how long its been around. Many other options courses are cheaper and offer a faster way to learn, that being said they dont have the results to back up thier strategies. Hence me asking for my needs publicy in this forum as I do want to get to the level needed to make my own decisions in trading, though I dont feel that I should have to trawl through years of forum threads to get information, that isnt a concise way to get people past the many hurdle they will face before being successful.

You could simply hire a content/course manager, I am sure many in this group would raise their hands to help to get newbies up and going faster with a revised content delivery process.

Insert other media

I'm not competing against cheaper services. We are very competitive in the market place and provide a substantial value over other services unless your sole purpose is to purchase the lowest price product possible. We recognize that is the goal of some traders, however, many traders appreciate the value we provide in terms of performance, community, education etc.

And no, my intention was not going through years of forum threads. There is a limited number of topics that describe our approach and the strategies we use. Most of them are under "Must read topics", not sure if you had a chance to read them.

Anyway, I will be waiting for your feedback and thank you for offering it.

8 minutes ago, TrustyJules said:

The trade is sometimes not the same 15mn after official or remains almost level for days. Your problem is the same that we all cope with to a degree, options are fast moving financial instruments so it is tricky not to be around when the trade occurs. I cannot count the number of times I have adapted positions to the new realities. Nevertheless the calendars, RICs and Iron Condors as well as more generally trades that have a longer period to go before closing/expiry/earnings give more opportunities. The trickiest ones are one day straddle/strangles which by definition need fairly swift action and that must be adapted if the market moved since the opening.

And this is exactly the key. If the stock moved, use different strikes. If we started slightly directional, you can always use a slightly different deltas to adapt to your market view.

There are also tons of unofficial trades. They are mentioned in the welcome email, but I know that many members don't even know that they exist. Again, not much I can do about it. It's a two way street.

15 minutes ago, TrustyJules said:

Awesome thanks Jules, even this snippet helps me to just start with only focusing on those kinds of trades :)

1 minute ago, Brie said:

Awesome thanks Jules, even this snippet helps me to just start with only focusing on those kinds of trades :)

You can see how a single comment can be helpful. All you need to do is ask. There are so many experienced traders here who are willing to help and point you in the right direction. 

3 minutes ago, Kim said:

I'm not competing against cheaper services. We are very competitive in the market place and provide a substantial value over other services unless your sole purpose is to purchase the lowest price product possible. We recognize that is the goal of some traders, however, many traders appreciate the value we provide in terms of performance, community, education etc.

And no, my intention was not going through years of forum threads. There is a limited number of topics that describe our approach and the strategies we use. Most of them are under "Must read topics", not sure if you had a chance to read them.

Anyway, I will be waiting for your feedback and thank you for offering it.

And this is exactly the key. If the stock moved, use different strikes. If we started slightly directional, you can always use a slightly different deltas to adapt to your market view.

There are also tons of unofficial trades. They are mentioned in the welcome email, but I know that many members don't even know that they exist. Again, not much I can do about it. It's a two way street.

I have read all the main topics in the welcome email and are reading the unofficial trades.

And to your point about cheaper services, I was eluding that cheaper services offer a better educational experience. 

In saying that I would easily pay $500USD a month or upwards if the process of information delivery was more refined. You have a great product, some people here are time poor and happy to pay more to get the desired results in an easier way.

3 minutes ago, Kim said:

You can see how a single comment can be helpful. All you need to do is ask. There are so many experienced traders here who are willing to help and point you in the right direction. 

Yes I see that, though if one person is asking it, probably many others are not confident enough to ask too. I have instances of this exact topic being asked and not having a reply too as I already seached the forums, thougn not in the way you showed me.

On 11/19/2023 at 6:42 AM, Kim said:

We have members from 45 countries, including Australia, Singapore, Japan, New Zeeland and more. They manage to trade and make good gains even from different time zones. But they treat SO as an educational resource and trading ideas generator, not an alert service.

In most cases it is possible to get similar or better prices with some patience hours after the trade was posted or even the next day. Here is a list of topics where better pricing was available for entry, exit or both.  

What you are asking for is auto trading. We mentioned many times the risks of auto trading and why we won't do it, I recommend reading All You Need To Know About Auto-Trading But some people like to learn the hard way.. Maybe sticking around for more than just a few days would help to understand what SO is and what it isn't..

Kim, thank you!