SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

Alan

Option Net Explorer Changing the Prices on Trades

I have done an extremely large amount of backtesting in Option Net Explorer over the years with remarkably very few problems using the software. Invariably, any problem that I have run into is because I did something incorrectly. Over the last couple of months, however, I have noticed (while going back to review old backtested trades) that several trades in the Trade Log (and on the Reports page) were showing entry prices and number of contracts markedly different from the prices showing on the option chain. Although not as frequent, I have noticed the same with the exit prices.  From what I can tell the trades involved cover the period from November 2020 to July 2021. Note that this only a fraction of the trades but enough to make it quite bothersome having to reenter the correct prices and number of contracts.

I have reached out to ONE support showing them the crazy prices, but they are claiming that it is impossible. They also say that nobody else has reported this. Therefore, I am reaching out to the community here to see if anyone else has experienced the same thing with some of their trades (either live or backtested trades).

Edited by Alan

@FrankTheTank, thank you for responding. Since you have not been experiencing this problem and since nobody else has responded that they have been having issues, I surmise that it is something unique to my ONE account.

Anyway, here is a directional trade I made on TWTR back on 2/16/21. The first screen shot below shows the correct pricing for my entry & exit after I reloaded the correct pricing and number of contracts:

TWTR Correct.png

Now, here is the incorrect pricing that showed up when I went back to re-examine the trade. What you are seeing is the copy I had made and showed to ONE support:

TWTR Incorrect.png

The pricing was radically changed as was the QTY on the Buy. It has been happening on multiple trades, and I have no idea why. As you might imagine, it is a nuisance.

Alan

Edited by Alan