SteadyOptions is an options trading forum where you can find solutions from top options traders. Join Us!

We’ve all been there… researching options strategies and unable to find the answers we’re looking for. SteadyOptions has your solution.

AKS

Trading Cadence and Discipline

Hi All,

New to the forums- great content and community here. I have a question on trading cadence as follows. I realize that there are full time and part time traders here. My questions are for anyone who is currently (or in past) trading part time and is (was) in a full time job. Here are the questions

1. Potential trade candidates are sent once a week, and there are other tickers that may or may not be in the email alert but still good candidates for SO trades. These alerts are a starting point, and there is a significant amount of personal research involved before a trading decision is made. Working a full time job, when do you do that research? and 

2. When do you actually place the trades with a broker?

3. How do you monitor the trades during a work day? (assuming there is access to a personal laptop with connectivity irrespective of location)

Completely understand that each person has their own comfort zone and circumstances, but interested in hearing what is working for people.

Your comments are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ashish